Ghana forward Andre Ayew has revealed that the Black Stars will use...
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
Peter Ebimobowei warns Nigeria of Mohamed Salah
The two African giants are set to face each other in Nigeria on Friday, in the third round of the AFCON qualifiers. Egypt will then host the Super Eagles in the second-leg in Alexandria on March 29.
“I will say it is a big game for both countries,” Ebimobowei said in an interview with the Nigerian website allnigeriasoccer.
The current Entag El-Harby player said that he talked to his ex-teammate and Egypt national team player Hossam Ghaly, saying he sensed “the mood is high” in Egypt. Ebimobowei, however, still expects the Nigerian team would be able to win.
“But I think Nigeria will come out on top by the end of the game,” he added.
The Nigerian striker warned his teammates of the pace of Roma winger Mohamed Salah. “They love keeping the ball and possession, they have one fast winger (Salah) that can run very well,” Ebimobowei added.
The 22-year-old player joined Al Ahly during the 2015 summer transfer window. After failing to leave a positive impact on the team, Al Ahly excluded him from the new season’s squad after he made only five appearances for the team.