Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly open negotiations for Petrojet goalkeeper
Cairo giants Al Ahly SC have opened negotiations to sign Petrojet goalkeeper Mohamed El-Shenawy in the summer transfer window, KingFut can exclusively reveal.
Al Ahly have started negotiations for Petrojet goalkeeper Mohamed El-Shenawy ahead of a proposed summer move.
The 27-year-old has been in superb form this season, collecting a joint-high 11 league clean sheets in 22 matches this season.
KingFut understands the pursuit became serious when El-Shenawy went on an amazing run of seven matches in a row without conceding a few weeks ago.
Al Ahly have found themselves in trouble this season with Sherif Ekramy’s form and injury trouble, with backup goalkeepers Ahmed Adel and Mossad Awad struggling to impress when called upon, thus El-Shenawy is seen as the perfect player to challenge Ekramy for a starting birth between the posts.
El-Shenawy, a former Al Ahly youth product, had previously played for Tala’a El-Gaish and Haras El-Hodood, before joining the petroleum club in 2013.
The player has been awarded for his superb form this season by Hector Cuper, with the Egypt national team head coach selecting him regularly for camps, as well as including him in the 25-man squad that is set to go head-to-head against Nigeria later this month in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.