Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Tennis: Slovenia withdraw from Fed Cup in Egypt over security concerns
The Slovenian team were expected to participate in the tournament that will take place at Gezira Sporting Club in Cairo next month.
However, the Slovenian Tennis Federation released a statement expressing their fear and concern over the security situation in the hosting country.
“The Ministry of Foreign affairs of Slovenia has advised Slovenian citizens against travelling to certain parts of Egypt, particularly to the wider areas of Cairo and Alexandria, where the Fed Cup will take place (from April 13 to 16),” the official statement read.
“The players themselves also expressed fear for their own security,” the statement added.
After Slovenia’s withdrawal from the competition, seven teams remain in the event: Finland, Lithuania, Denmark, Liechtenstein, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Egypt.