Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Tennis: Slovenia withdraw from Fed Cup in Egypt over security concerns
The Slovenian team were expected to participate in the tournament that will take place at Gezira Sporting Club in Cairo next month.
However, the Slovenian Tennis Federation released a statement expressing their fear and concern over the security situation in the hosting country.
“The Ministry of Foreign affairs of Slovenia has advised Slovenian citizens against travelling to certain parts of Egypt, particularly to the wider areas of Cairo and Alexandria, where the Fed Cup will take place (from April 13 to 16),” the official statement read.
“The players themselves also expressed fear for their own security,” the statement added.
After Slovenia’s withdrawal from the competition, seven teams remain in the event: Finland, Lithuania, Denmark, Liechtenstein, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Egypt.