Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Balogun: We will beat Egypt in both legs
An interesting clash in group G in the African Cup of Nations qualifications is coming ahead when Nigeria host Egypt on the 25th of March in Kaduna, while Egypt host Nigeria on the 29th of March in Alexandria.
Balogun stated that Nigeria will be gunning for victories over both legs and looking forward to earn six points ahead of their clash against Egypt.
“If we get the six points, that would ease our path to the Africa Cup finals. Winning will be the principle driving us in both matches,” Balogun said.
“Egypt is a big football playing nation, but Nigeria is also very, very big. There is no complex going into both matches and we have the men to give us victory in Kaduna and away in Egypt,” the Mainz defender exclaimed.
Leon Balogun is currently playing for FSV Mainz, in which also he has earned his first start with Nigeria in a friendly against Mexico before the World Cup in March, 2014. But he was unlucky to feature with them in the World Cup, due to his injury.