Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
Balogun: We will beat Egypt in both legs
An interesting clash in group G in the African Cup of Nations qualifications is coming ahead when Nigeria host Egypt on the 25th of March in Kaduna, while Egypt host Nigeria on the 29th of March in Alexandria.
Balogun stated that Nigeria will be gunning for victories over both legs and looking forward to earn six points ahead of their clash against Egypt.
“If we get the six points, that would ease our path to the Africa Cup finals. Winning will be the principle driving us in both matches,” Balogun said.
“Egypt is a big football playing nation, but Nigeria is also very, very big. There is no complex going into both matches and we have the men to give us victory in Kaduna and away in Egypt,” the Mainz defender exclaimed.
Leon Balogun is currently playing for FSV Mainz, in which also he has earned his first start with Nigeria in a friendly against Mexico before the World Cup in March, 2014. But he was unlucky to feature with them in the World Cup, due to his injury.