Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Balogun: We will beat Egypt in both legs
An interesting clash in group G in the African Cup of Nations qualifications is coming ahead when Nigeria host Egypt on the 25th of March in Kaduna, while Egypt host Nigeria on the 29th of March in Alexandria.
Balogun stated that Nigeria will be gunning for victories over both legs and looking forward to earn six points ahead of their clash against Egypt.
“If we get the six points, that would ease our path to the Africa Cup finals. Winning will be the principle driving us in both matches,” Balogun said.
“Egypt is a big football playing nation, but Nigeria is also very, very big. There is no complex going into both matches and we have the men to give us victory in Kaduna and away in Egypt,” the Mainz defender exclaimed.
Leon Balogun is currently playing for FSV Mainz, in which also he has earned his first start with Nigeria in a friendly against Mexico before the World Cup in March, 2014. But he was unlucky to feature with them in the World Cup, due to his injury.