Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Balogun: We will beat Egypt in both legs
An interesting clash in group G in the African Cup of Nations qualifications is coming ahead when Nigeria host Egypt on the 25th of March in Kaduna, while Egypt host Nigeria on the 29th of March in Alexandria.
Balogun stated that Nigeria will be gunning for victories over both legs and looking forward to earn six points ahead of their clash against Egypt.
“If we get the six points, that would ease our path to the Africa Cup finals. Winning will be the principle driving us in both matches,” Balogun said.
“Egypt is a big football playing nation, but Nigeria is also very, very big. There is no complex going into both matches and we have the men to give us victory in Kaduna and away in Egypt,” the Mainz defender exclaimed.
Leon Balogun is currently playing for FSV Mainz, in which also he has earned his first start with Nigeria in a friendly against Mexico before the World Cup in March, 2014. But he was unlucky to feature with them in the World Cup, due to his injury.