Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Arsene Wenger: Barcelona panicked after Elneny’s goal
Following their FA Cup knockout against Watford, Arsenal were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League last night with an aggregate score 1-5 against the 2015 champions Barcelona.
Arsene Wenger revealed to BT Sports that Arsenal were capable to turn things around and dominate the game, after Mohamed Elneny’s goal.
“Elneny’s goal was a huge turning point in the match for us, in which I felt Barcelona’s hesitation after the goal after we succeeded to equalize,” Arsene Wenger said.
“Our goal against Barcelona made them hesitate and worry about the result.”
The Frenchman concluded claiming: “I think if we had succeeded in scoring the second goal it would have been more interesting, but unfortunately we didn’t, in the time where the MSN [Messi, Suarez, Neymar] succeeded in scoring wonderful goals.”