Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Arsene Wenger: Barcelona panicked after Elneny’s goal
Following their FA Cup knockout against Watford, Arsenal were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League last night with an aggregate score 1-5 against the 2015 champions Barcelona.
Arsene Wenger revealed to BT Sports that Arsenal were capable to turn things around and dominate the game, after Mohamed Elneny’s goal.
“Elneny’s goal was a huge turning point in the match for us, in which I felt Barcelona’s hesitation after the goal after we succeeded to equalize,” Arsene Wenger said.
“Our goal against Barcelona made them hesitate and worry about the result.”
The Frenchman concluded claiming: “I think if we had succeeded in scoring the second goal it would have been more interesting, but unfortunately we didn’t, in the time where the MSN [Messi, Suarez, Neymar] succeeded in scoring wonderful goals.”