In the pre-match conference, Mali’s U20 head coach Baye Ba states that...
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
Arsene Wenger: Barcelona panicked after Elneny’s goal
Following their FA Cup knockout against Watford, Arsenal were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League last night with an aggregate score 1-5 against the 2015 champions Barcelona.
Arsene Wenger revealed to BT Sports that Arsenal were capable to turn things around and dominate the game, after Mohamed Elneny’s goal.
“Elneny’s goal was a huge turning point in the match for us, in which I felt Barcelona’s hesitation after the goal after we succeeded to equalize,” Arsene Wenger said.
“Our goal against Barcelona made them hesitate and worry about the result.”
The Frenchman concluded claiming: “I think if we had succeeded in scoring the second goal it would have been more interesting, but unfortunately we didn’t, in the time where the MSN [Messi, Suarez, Neymar] succeeded in scoring wonderful goals.”