KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Arsene Wenger: Barcelona panicked after Elneny’s goal
Following their FA Cup knockout against Watford, Arsenal were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League last night with an aggregate score 1-5 against the 2015 champions Barcelona.
Arsene Wenger revealed to BT Sports that Arsenal were capable to turn things around and dominate the game, after Mohamed Elneny’s goal.
“Elneny’s goal was a huge turning point in the match for us, in which I felt Barcelona’s hesitation after the goal after we succeeded to equalize,” Arsene Wenger said.
“Our goal against Barcelona made them hesitate and worry about the result.”
The Frenchman concluded claiming: “I think if we had succeeded in scoring the second goal it would have been more interesting, but unfortunately we didn’t, in the time where the MSN [Messi, Suarez, Neymar] succeeded in scoring wonderful goals.”