Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Xavi on Elneny: He deserves to be playing in Europe
Spanish veteran midfielder Xavi Hernandez commented on Arsenal’s Mohamed Elneny in an interview with BeIN Sports following Arsenal’s 3-1 defeat to FC Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League.
The former FC Barcelona captain sealed a move to Qatari club Al Sadd last summer following a 17-year stint with the Catalan club’s first team.
The 23-year-old Egypt midfielder scored Arsenal‘s only goal in their 5-1 aggregate defeat to FC Barcelon, which knocked them out of the Champions League.
The world and two-time European champion confirmed that he was following Elneny at FC Basel, before the Egyptian’s move to London-based club Arsenal, and pointed out Elneny’s improved form.
“I remember when he [Elneny] played at Basel and put in good performance, but now his performances are solid and very good, allowing him to play in top European football,” he said.
The 35-year-old then pointed out the increase in number and quality of Arab footballer in Europe before mentioning the reason that took him to Qatar: “There are many Arab stars in Europe producing stellar performances and Elneny is one of them, and I’m here to help talents grow.”
This is not the first time Xavi talks about Arab footballers as he once labeled Mohamed About-Treika and Mohamed Zidan as the best Arab footballers in history. He also exclusively told KingFut that he believes that Mohamed Salah is the most popular Egyptian footballer.