Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Xavi on Elneny: He deserves to be playing in Europe
Spanish veteran midfielder Xavi Hernandez commented on Arsenal’s Mohamed Elneny in an interview with BeIN Sports following Arsenal’s 3-1 defeat to FC Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League.
The former FC Barcelona captain sealed a move to Qatari club Al Sadd last summer following a 17-year stint with the Catalan club’s first team.
The 23-year-old Egypt midfielder scored Arsenal‘s only goal in their 5-1 aggregate defeat to FC Barcelon, which knocked them out of the Champions League.
The world and two-time European champion confirmed that he was following Elneny at FC Basel, before the Egyptian’s move to London-based club Arsenal, and pointed out Elneny’s improved form.
“I remember when he [Elneny] played at Basel and put in good performance, but now his performances are solid and very good, allowing him to play in top European football,” he said.
The 35-year-old then pointed out the increase in number and quality of Arab footballer in Europe before mentioning the reason that took him to Qatar: “There are many Arab stars in Europe producing stellar performances and Elneny is one of them, and I’m here to help talents grow.”
This is not the first time Xavi talks about Arab footballers as he once labeled Mohamed About-Treika and Mohamed Zidan as the best Arab footballers in history. He also exclusively told KingFut that he believes that Mohamed Salah is the most popular Egyptian footballer.