Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
BOXING: Abdel-Aal and Sedik qualify to Rio 2016
Egyptian boxers Mahmoud Abdel-Aal and Walid Sedeiq have officially qualified to the 2016 Rio Olymipics Games after reaching the final of the African qualifiers.
Abdel-Aal – who competes in the lightweight division – was able to knock out his Tunisian counterpart in the first round.
Sedik on the other hand – who competes in the welterweight division – ousted his Algerian rival 3-0 via unanimous decision, claiming 100 per cent of the votes, thus announcing his qualifing to Brazil hours after Abdel-Aal.
It is also worth mentioning that the African Olympic qualifiers take place in Cameroon between March 11th and March 19th.