Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
BOXING: Abdel-Aal and Sedik qualify to Rio 2016
Egyptian boxers Mahmoud Abdel-Aal and Walid Sedeiq have officially qualified to the 2016 Rio Olymipics Games after reaching the final of the African qualifiers.
Abdel-Aal – who competes in the lightweight division – was able to knock out his Tunisian counterpart in the first round.
Sedik on the other hand – who competes in the welterweight division – ousted his Algerian rival 3-0 via unanimous decision, claiming 100 per cent of the votes, thus announcing his qualifing to Brazil hours after Abdel-Aal.
It is also worth mentioning that the African Olympic qualifiers take place in Cameroon between March 11th and March 19th.