The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
BOXING: Abdel-Aal and Sedik qualify to Rio 2016
Egyptian boxers Mahmoud Abdel-Aal and Walid Sedeiq have officially qualified to the 2016 Rio Olymipics Games after reaching the final of the African qualifiers.
Abdel-Aal – who competes in the lightweight division – was able to knock out his Tunisian counterpart in the first round.
Sedik on the other hand – who competes in the welterweight division – ousted his Algerian rival 3-0 via unanimous decision, claiming 100 per cent of the votes, thus announcing his qualifing to Brazil hours after Abdel-Aal.
It is also worth mentioning that the African Olympic qualifiers take place in Cameroon between March 11th and March 19th.