Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
Emmanuel Adebayor turns down Togo call-up
Crystal Palace’s new signing, Emmanuel Adebayor, just turned down his national team, Togo, recall to focus on his future regarding his new club.
Emmanuel Adebayor, decided to choose against joining his national team to concentrate on his club future. Togo will face Tunisia on the 25th of March in Tunisia and the second leg will be 4 days later in Togo in the African Cup of Nations Qualifiers.
The newly elected FTF (Federation of Togolese Football) president always interacts directly or indirectly with the players. Adebayor wished he could postpone his return to the national team to devote himself to his new club to secure his future.
Adebayor joined Crystal Palace in January after being released by Spurs in September. He last played for Togo in June 2015 and FTF hopes to find him back to his national team.
Togo is the top of group A with 6 points out of two matches and the top of each group will qualify to the finals.