Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
EXCLUSIVE | Nigeria assistant coach Amunike: Elneny is a very good player
Former Zamalek and FC Barcelona winger Emmanuel Amunike says he was impressed with Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny’s showing against the Catalan club in the UEFA Champions League ahead of Egypt’s encounter.
Ahead of the Nigeria’s encounter against Egypt, the Super Eagles assistant coach confirmed he watched Arsenal’s match against Barcelona, where Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny scored a cracking goal for Arsenal at the Camp Nou. With many expecting Salah to run the show, Elneny grabbed the headlines after that strike.
“Yes, we all watched the match and the goal [against Barcelona]. Elneny is a very good player, we have respect for him, Salah, Koka and the other players,” Amunike told KingFut.
If the Super Eagles’ managerial team will be making special plans for certain players, Amunike claimed: “We might make some special preparations for certain players to face Egypt, yes but the whole team is a very good one.
Nigeria are not short of star players on their end, with players such as Odion Ighalo grabbing the spotlight with his superb form for English Premier league newcomers Watford.
When asked which player has impressed him the most, Amunike gave the answer which everyone expected.
“Odion Ighalo is playing really well with his club. We are very pleased with his form but we also have very good players in other clubs around Europe.