Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
EXCLUSIVE | Nigeria assistant coach Amunike: Elneny is a very good player
Former Zamalek and FC Barcelona winger Emmanuel Amunike says he was impressed with Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny’s showing against the Catalan club in the UEFA Champions League ahead of Egypt’s encounter.
Ahead of the Nigeria’s encounter against Egypt, the Super Eagles assistant coach confirmed he watched Arsenal’s match against Barcelona, where Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny scored a cracking goal for Arsenal at the Camp Nou. With many expecting Salah to run the show, Elneny grabbed the headlines after that strike.
“Yes, we all watched the match and the goal [against Barcelona]. Elneny is a very good player, we have respect for him, Salah, Koka and the other players,” Amunike told KingFut.
If the Super Eagles’ managerial team will be making special plans for certain players, Amunike claimed: “We might make some special preparations for certain players to face Egypt, yes but the whole team is a very good one.
Nigeria are not short of star players on their end, with players such as Odion Ighalo grabbing the spotlight with his superb form for English Premier league newcomers Watford.
When asked which player has impressed him the most, Amunike gave the answer which everyone expected.
“Odion Ighalo is playing really well with his club. We are very pleased with his form but we also have very good players in other clubs around Europe.