Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
EXCLUSIVE | Nigeria assistant coach Amunike: Elneny is a very good player
Former Zamalek and FC Barcelona winger Emmanuel Amunike says he was impressed with Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny’s showing against the Catalan club in the UEFA Champions League ahead of Egypt’s encounter.
Ahead of the Nigeria’s encounter against Egypt, the Super Eagles assistant coach confirmed he watched Arsenal’s match against Barcelona, where Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny scored a cracking goal for Arsenal at the Camp Nou. With many expecting Salah to run the show, Elneny grabbed the headlines after that strike.
“Yes, we all watched the match and the goal [against Barcelona]. Elneny is a very good player, we have respect for him, Salah, Koka and the other players,” Amunike told KingFut.
If the Super Eagles’ managerial team will be making special plans for certain players, Amunike claimed: “We might make some special preparations for certain players to face Egypt, yes but the whole team is a very good one.
Nigeria are not short of star players on their end, with players such as Odion Ighalo grabbing the spotlight with his superb form for English Premier league newcomers Watford.
When asked which player has impressed him the most, Amunike gave the answer which everyone expected.
“Odion Ighalo is playing really well with his club. We are very pleased with his form but we also have very good players in other clubs around Europe.