Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Koka’s Braga to face Shakhtar in the Europa League quarter-finals
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ and his fellow Braga teammates will be going head to head with Shakhtar Donetsk in the 2015/16 UEFA Europa League quarter-finals, as determined by the draw on Friday.
After comfortably defeating Fenerbahce on aggregate in the Europa League last 16 on Thursday evening, Braga awaited the draw on Friday afternoon to learn the identity of their quarter-final opponents.
Borussia Dortmund and reigning champions Sevilla were arguably the two teams to avoid in the draw, and the Portuguese side will have been pleased to avoid both teams, although the Ukrainians are by no means an easy proposition.
Shakhtar knocked out Mahmoud Trezeguet’s Anderlecht in the previous round, advancing with a big aggregate win.
The first leg will be played on the 7th of April, in Portugal, with the return leg a week later at the Donbass Arena.
Braga last reached the quarter-finals of the competition in 2010/11, and would eventually finish as runners-up to Primeira Liga rivals Porto that season.