Glen De Boeck has talked about his latest signing in summer transfer window Mahmoud...
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
Koka’s Braga to face Shakhtar in the Europa League quarter-finals
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ and his fellow Braga teammates will be going head to head with Shakhtar Donetsk in the 2015/16 UEFA Europa League quarter-finals, as determined by the draw on Friday.
After comfortably defeating Fenerbahce on aggregate in the Europa League last 16 on Thursday evening, Braga awaited the draw on Friday afternoon to learn the identity of their quarter-final opponents.
Borussia Dortmund and reigning champions Sevilla were arguably the two teams to avoid in the draw, and the Portuguese side will have been pleased to avoid both teams, although the Ukrainians are by no means an easy proposition.
Shakhtar knocked out Mahmoud Trezeguet’s Anderlecht in the previous round, advancing with a big aggregate win.
The first leg will be played on the 7th of April, in Portugal, with the return leg a week later at the Donbass Arena.
Braga last reached the quarter-finals of the competition in 2010/11, and would eventually finish as runners-up to Primeira Liga rivals Porto that season.