KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Koka’s Braga to face Shakhtar in the Europa League quarter-finals
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ and his fellow Braga teammates will be going head to head with Shakhtar Donetsk in the 2015/16 UEFA Europa League quarter-finals, as determined by the draw on Friday.
After comfortably defeating Fenerbahce on aggregate in the Europa League last 16 on Thursday evening, Braga awaited the draw on Friday afternoon to learn the identity of their quarter-final opponents.
Borussia Dortmund and reigning champions Sevilla were arguably the two teams to avoid in the draw, and the Portuguese side will have been pleased to avoid both teams, although the Ukrainians are by no means an easy proposition.
Shakhtar knocked out Mahmoud Trezeguet’s Anderlecht in the previous round, advancing with a big aggregate win.
The first leg will be played on the 7th of April, in Portugal, with the return leg a week later at the Donbass Arena.
Braga last reached the quarter-finals of the competition in 2010/11, and would eventually finish as runners-up to Primeira Liga rivals Porto that season.