Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo out of Egypt clash
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of both clashes against Egypt in the qualifications for the 2017 African Cup of Nations after suffering a groin injury.
According to the Nigerian team’s administrator Dayo Enebi who spoke to NFF.com, the injury will prevent the defender from playing both games against Egypt next week.
“Omeruo’s injury and subsequent withdrawal from the Egypt games has been communicated to the coaches and the medics”, said Enebi.
Enebi added how disappointed the player and the coaching staff including manager Samson Siasia were with the setback.
“The player is disappointed with his injury setback because he has been looking forward to this game with a lot of optimism. Expectedly, the coaches were also unhappy but they have wished him a quick recovery”.
With two games already played and Egypt having 6 points to the lead the Group G, Nigeria is looking to close the gap. They will host the Egyptians on March 25th before the return leg which will be held in Egypt three days later.