Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo out of Egypt clash
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of both clashes against Egypt in the qualifications for the 2017 African Cup of Nations after suffering a groin injury.
According to the Nigerian team’s administrator Dayo Enebi who spoke to NFF.com, the injury will prevent the defender from playing both games against Egypt next week.
“Omeruo’s injury and subsequent withdrawal from the Egypt games has been communicated to the coaches and the medics”, said Enebi.
Enebi added how disappointed the player and the coaching staff including manager Samson Siasia were with the setback.
“The player is disappointed with his injury setback because he has been looking forward to this game with a lot of optimism. Expectedly, the coaches were also unhappy but they have wished him a quick recovery”.
With two games already played and Egypt having 6 points to the lead the Group G, Nigeria is looking to close the gap. They will host the Egyptians on March 25th before the return leg which will be held in Egypt three days later.