Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo out of Egypt clash
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of both clashes against Egypt in the qualifications for the 2017 African Cup of Nations after suffering a groin injury.
According to the Nigerian team’s administrator Dayo Enebi who spoke to NFF.com, the injury will prevent the defender from playing both games against Egypt next week.
“Omeruo’s injury and subsequent withdrawal from the Egypt games has been communicated to the coaches and the medics”, said Enebi.
Enebi added how disappointed the player and the coaching staff including manager Samson Siasia were with the setback.
“The player is disappointed with his injury setback because he has been looking forward to this game with a lot of optimism. Expectedly, the coaches were also unhappy but they have wished him a quick recovery”.
With two games already played and Egypt having 6 points to the lead the Group G, Nigeria is looking to close the gap. They will host the Egyptians on March 25th before the return leg which will be held in Egypt three days later.