Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo out of Egypt clash
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of both clashes against Egypt in the qualifications for the 2017 African Cup of Nations after suffering a groin injury.
According to the Nigerian team’s administrator Dayo Enebi who spoke to NFF.com, the injury will prevent the defender from playing both games against Egypt next week.
“Omeruo’s injury and subsequent withdrawal from the Egypt games has been communicated to the coaches and the medics”, said Enebi.
Enebi added how disappointed the player and the coaching staff including manager Samson Siasia were with the setback.
“The player is disappointed with his injury setback because he has been looking forward to this game with a lot of optimism. Expectedly, the coaches were also unhappy but they have wished him a quick recovery”.
With two games already played and Egypt having 6 points to the lead the Group G, Nigeria is looking to close the gap. They will host the Egyptians on March 25th before the return leg which will be held in Egypt three days later.