Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo out of Egypt clash
Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of both clashes against Egypt in the qualifications for the 2017 African Cup of Nations after suffering a groin injury.
According to the Nigerian team’s administrator Dayo Enebi who spoke to NFF.com, the injury will prevent the defender from playing both games against Egypt next week.
“Omeruo’s injury and subsequent withdrawal from the Egypt games has been communicated to the coaches and the medics”, said Enebi.
Enebi added how disappointed the player and the coaching staff including manager Samson Siasia were with the setback.
“The player is disappointed with his injury setback because he has been looking forward to this game with a lot of optimism. Expectedly, the coaches were also unhappy but they have wished him a quick recovery”.
With two games already played and Egypt having 6 points to the lead the Group G, Nigeria is looking to close the gap. They will host the Egyptians on March 25th before the return leg which will be held in Egypt three days later.