Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Trezeguet makes rare appearance as Shakhtar eliminate Anderlecht
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ made a late substitute appearance, as Anderlecht crashed out of the Europa League at the hands of Shakhtar Donetsk on Thursday evening.
Anderlecht fell to a demoralising 0-1 defeat at home to Shakhtar Donetsk, as they exited the Europa League with a 1-4 aggregate defeat, with Trezeguet managing a rare appearance for the hosts.
Despite the fact that Anderlecht needed the goals more, it was Shakhtar who created more chances, with the best chances falling to the likes of Taison and Ismaily.
With twenty minutes to go, Trezeguet replaced Nigerian striker Imoh Ezekiel, as Anderlecht hoped to create more chances and find an unlikely route back into the game.
However, it wasn’t meant to be for Belgium’s most succesful club, despite Shakhtar going down to ten men for Kucher’s foul getting a second yellow, as Anderlecht suffered a similar fate after Kara was sent off for violent conduct.
Then, with seconds to go, Shakhtar rubbed salt in the Anderlecht wounds as former Arsenal striker Eduardo put the cherry on the cake with a calm finish past a helpless Proto.
The result means Trezeguet will not be joining fellow Pharaoh Koka in the Europa League quarter-finals.