Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Trezeguet makes rare appearance as Shakhtar eliminate Anderlecht
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ made a late substitute appearance, as Anderlecht crashed out of the Europa League at the hands of Shakhtar Donetsk on Thursday evening.
Anderlecht fell to a demoralising 0-1 defeat at home to Shakhtar Donetsk, as they exited the Europa League with a 1-4 aggregate defeat, with Trezeguet managing a rare appearance for the hosts.
Despite the fact that Anderlecht needed the goals more, it was Shakhtar who created more chances, with the best chances falling to the likes of Taison and Ismaily.
With twenty minutes to go, Trezeguet replaced Nigerian striker Imoh Ezekiel, as Anderlecht hoped to create more chances and find an unlikely route back into the game.
However, it wasn’t meant to be for Belgium’s most succesful club, despite Shakhtar going down to ten men for Kucher’s foul getting a second yellow, as Anderlecht suffered a similar fate after Kara was sent off for violent conduct.
Then, with seconds to go, Shakhtar rubbed salt in the Anderlecht wounds as former Arsenal striker Eduardo put the cherry on the cake with a calm finish past a helpless Proto.
The result means Trezeguet will not be joining fellow Pharaoh Koka in the Europa League quarter-finals.