Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed joins beach soccer national team
The two-time Africa Cup of Nations champion decided to end his career at the end of last season after spending one season with Misr El-Maqassa.
Before joining Misr El-Maqassa, El-Sayed played for Cairo giants Zamalek for 17 years, winning many individual and team titles, including ten domestic titles and Best Goalkeeper in Egypt in 2003.
The 38-year-old trained with the team Friday afternoon and announced his commitment to the national team, while urging the media to promote the Egypt nations beach soccer team ahead of their tournament this May in Sharm El-Sheikh.