The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
Egypt’s Karim Hafez sees red in Omonoia win
It was Omonia’s goal-king Andre Schembri who opened the scoring for the Nicosia-based side in the 36th minute to give his side the lead.
Soon after, Omonoia had a task on their hands as Hafez was shown a straight red for a reckless challenge on a Salamis player. Salamis had chances with the extra man but failed to make it count as Schembri got his brace in the 73rd minute to give his side a 2-0 lead.
However Salamis pulled one back with DimitarMakriev popping up in the 83rd minute to give his side a slim chance of getting a point.
The Green & White clad managed to hold on to get three valuable points & rise up to 4th place in the playoff Championship with 55 points, 13 points behind leaders & local rivals APOEL Nicosia.