Confederation of African Football officials have revealed their stance surrounding the...
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
Egypt’s Karim Hafez sees red in Omonoia win
It was Omonia’s goal-king Andre Schembri who opened the scoring for the Nicosia-based side in the 36th minute to give his side the lead.
Soon after, Omonoia had a task on their hands as Hafez was shown a straight red for a reckless challenge on a Salamis player. Salamis had chances with the extra man but failed to make it count as Schembri got his brace in the 73rd minute to give his side a 2-0 lead.
However Salamis pulled one back with DimitarMakriev popping up in the 83rd minute to give his side a slim chance of getting a point.
The Green & White clad managed to hold on to get three valuable points & rise up to 4th place in the playoff Championship with 55 points, 13 points behind leaders & local rivals APOEL Nicosia.