Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Egypt’s Karim Hafez sees red in Omonoia win
It was Omonia’s goal-king Andre Schembri who opened the scoring for the Nicosia-based side in the 36th minute to give his side the lead.
Soon after, Omonoia had a task on their hands as Hafez was shown a straight red for a reckless challenge on a Salamis player. Salamis had chances with the extra man but failed to make it count as Schembri got his brace in the 73rd minute to give his side a 2-0 lead.
However Salamis pulled one back with DimitarMakriev popping up in the 83rd minute to give his side a slim chance of getting a point.
The Green & White clad managed to hold on to get three valuable points & rise up to 4th place in the playoff Championship with 55 points, 13 points behind leaders & local rivals APOEL Nicosia.