Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Elmohamady features as Hull City lose 1-0 to Middlesbrough
Egypt’s Elmohamady came on as a substitute in his side’s loss to Middlesbrough after starting the last league game against Nottingham Forrest.
The first half at Riverside was uneventful except for a Hull City chance where Snodgrass hit the side netting after a Clucas cross.
Two minutes after half time, Clucas again put a cross in for dangerous Snodgrass who headed the ball off target.
In the 58th minute, Aluko curled a great ball that was tipped off the bar by the Middlesbrough goalkeeper who denied the Tigers the chance for a lead.
Steve Bruce, Hull City’s manager, brought on Ahmed Elmohamady in the 78th minute for Robert Snodgrass to try and bolster the Tigers’ attacking threat.
In the 81st minute, Diame came close to break the deadlock after he cut inside the box, passed the ball to Hernandez whose shot was blocked into Elmohamady’s direction who fired the ball over the bar.
In the 91st minute, David Nugent scored a killer goal for Middlesbrough after an Adomah cross that the striker managed to head into the net.
Hull City now lay fourth in the Championship with 66 points behind third placed Brighton with 68 points. They are set to face 19th placed Bristol City on April 2.