Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Elmohamady features as Hull City lose 1-0 to Middlesbrough
Egypt’s Elmohamady came on as a substitute in his side’s loss to Middlesbrough after starting the last league game against Nottingham Forrest.
The first half at Riverside was uneventful except for a Hull City chance where Snodgrass hit the side netting after a Clucas cross.
Two minutes after half time, Clucas again put a cross in for dangerous Snodgrass who headed the ball off target.
In the 58th minute, Aluko curled a great ball that was tipped off the bar by the Middlesbrough goalkeeper who denied the Tigers the chance for a lead.
Steve Bruce, Hull City’s manager, brought on Ahmed Elmohamady in the 78th minute for Robert Snodgrass to try and bolster the Tigers’ attacking threat.
In the 81st minute, Diame came close to break the deadlock after he cut inside the box, passed the ball to Hernandez whose shot was blocked into Elmohamady’s direction who fired the ball over the bar.
In the 91st minute, David Nugent scored a killer goal for Middlesbrough after an Adomah cross that the striker managed to head into the net.
Hull City now lay fourth in the Championship with 66 points behind third placed Brighton with 68 points. They are set to face 19th placed Bristol City on April 2.