Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Misr El-Maqassa in CAF Confederation Cup last 16 despite away loss
Misr El-Maqassa qualified for the CAF Confederation cup last 16 for the first time despite an away loss to CS Don Bosco.
CS Don Bosco trailed 3-1 from the first leg in Egypt. The home team needed at least a 2-0 win to reach the CAF Confederation Cup last 16.
The home team dominated the proceedings at Mazembe Stadium. Misr El-Maqassa held them back though and the match went to the break goalless.
In the 52nd minute, Mahmoud Hamdy conceded a penalty after committing a foul. Saddam converted for Don Bosco to bring the aggregate score to 3-2.
The hosts pressured for the clincher but never found the breakthrough.
Misr El-Maqassa hang on to reach the CAF Confederation Cup last 16 for the first time.
They will face the winner between Nasarawa United (Nigeria) and CS Constantine (Algeria) in the next round. The first leg will be on the weekend of 8-10 April, 2016.