The goal-line referees was tested for the first time in Egypt during...
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Cuper: Qualifying to the World Cup was always our number one goal
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
Misr El-Maqassa in CAF Confederation Cup last 16 despite away loss
The home team dominated the proceedings at Mazembe Stadium. Misr El-Maqassa held them back though and the match went to the break goalless.
In the 52nd minute, Mahmoud Hamdy conceded a penalty after committing a foul. Saddam converted for Don Bosco to bring the aggregate score to 3-2.
The hosts pressured for the clincher but never found the breakthrough.
Misr El-Maqassa hang on to reach the CAF Confederation Cup last 16 for the first time.
They will face the winner between Nasarawa United (Nigeria) and CS Constantine (Algeria) in the next round. The first leg will be on the weekend of 8-10 April, 2016.