South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Misr El-Maqassa in CAF Confederation Cup last 16 despite away loss
Misr El-Maqassa qualified for the CAF Confederation cup last 16 for the first time despite an away loss to CS Don Bosco.
The home team dominated the proceedings at Mazembe Stadium. Misr El-Maqassa held them back though and the match went to the break goalless.
In the 52nd minute, Mahmoud Hamdy conceded a penalty after committing a foul. Saddam converted for Don Bosco to bring the aggregate score to 3-2.
The hosts pressured for the clincher but never found the breakthrough.
Misr El-Maqassa hang on to reach the CAF Confederation Cup last 16 for the first time.
They will face the winner between Nasarawa United (Nigeria) and CS Constantine (Algeria) in the next round. The first leg will be on the weekend of 8-10 April, 2016.