Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Morsy features as Wigan beat Bradford City
Egypt-eligible Wigan Athletic midfielder Sam Morsy featured as his side beat Bradford City 1-0 to give a big boost to their promotion hopes back to the Championship.
Morsy who joined from Colchester in the 2015-16 Winter transfer window started the match as manager Gary Caldwell named an unchanged starting line-up from the side that beat Colchester in Wigan’s previous match.
Bradford got their first chance of the match inside two minutes through Kyel Reid, but Jaaskelainen saved to keep the hosts in the game.
A few minutes later, Wigan responded through Colclough but they failed to capitalize on the effort.
With a few chances here and there from both teams, none could score and the first half ended goalless.
After 59 minutes, Gary Caldwell decided to bring on Haris Vuckic for Morsy. Wigan kept pushing for the rest of the match until Vuckic rewarded Caldwell’s trust on him went on to bag the winner for the 2012-13 FA Cup winners 10 minutes from time.
That win puts Wigan Athletic in second place in England’s League 1 with 68 points, just six points behind leaders Burton Albion & level on points with Walsall who sit in 3rd place on goal difference.