Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Nigeria: Foreign-based players ready to outclass Egyptians
Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) chairman Amaju Pinnick has praised foreign-based Eagles, after receiving their reassuring calls ahead of the AFCON qualifier next week.
The Super Eagles are looking to close the gap on the Egyptians when they face them in Nigeria next week, as Pinnick told journalists that they’ll come through victorious.
“I want to reveal to you that the boys are even motivating us by their rare show of concern about these two matches. Every now and then I receive their calls assuring me that they are ready to outclass the Egyptians. Yes they like every other Nigerian will like us to qualify and hopefully we will qualify,” Pinnick said.
In addition, he added how the Nigerian Football Federation and the Nigerian government were doing all they can in order to pay the players their overdue payments.
“However on our own part, we are doing what is needful to make sure that they give their best. As we speak, the federal government has given us the approval and already we have started processing the payment of their outstanding allowance from their last match and I know that this time they will get all that is due to them,” he added.
Nigeria manager Samson Siasia has previously told KingFut that the upcoming match is difficult, while asserting that the Egyptian team should respect them.
The Egyptian national team will play against Nigeria in Kaduna on March 25, before playing the second-leg on the 29th of the same month in Alexandria.