Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
Nigeria: Foreign-based players ready to outclass Egyptians
Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) chairman Amaju Pinnick has praised foreign-based Eagles, after receiving their reassuring calls ahead of the AFCON qualifier next week.
The Super Eagles are looking to close the gap on the Egyptians when they face them in Nigeria next week, as Pinnick told journalists that they’ll come through victorious.
“I want to reveal to you that the boys are even motivating us by their rare show of concern about these two matches. Every now and then I receive their calls assuring me that they are ready to outclass the Egyptians. Yes they like every other Nigerian will like us to qualify and hopefully we will qualify,” Pinnick said.
In addition, he added how the Nigerian Football Federation and the Nigerian government were doing all they can in order to pay the players their overdue payments.
“However on our own part, we are doing what is needful to make sure that they give their best. As we speak, the federal government has given us the approval and already we have started processing the payment of their outstanding allowance from their last match and I know that this time they will get all that is due to them,” he added.
Nigeria manager Samson Siasia has previously told KingFut that the upcoming match is difficult, while asserting that the Egyptian team should respect them.
The Egyptian national team will play against Nigeria in Kaduna on March 25, before playing the second-leg on the 29th of the same month in Alexandria.