Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Nigeria: Foreign-based players ready to outclass Egyptians
Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) chairman Amaju Pinnick has praised foreign-based Eagles, after receiving their reassuring calls ahead of the AFCON qualifier next week.
The Super Eagles are looking to close the gap on the Egyptians when they face them in Nigeria next week, as Pinnick told journalists that they’ll come through victorious.
“I want to reveal to you that the boys are even motivating us by their rare show of concern about these two matches. Every now and then I receive their calls assuring me that they are ready to outclass the Egyptians. Yes they like every other Nigerian will like us to qualify and hopefully we will qualify,” Pinnick said.
In addition, he added how the Nigerian Football Federation and the Nigerian government were doing all they can in order to pay the players their overdue payments.
“However on our own part, we are doing what is needful to make sure that they give their best. As we speak, the federal government has given us the approval and already we have started processing the payment of their outstanding allowance from their last match and I know that this time they will get all that is due to them,” he added.
Nigeria manager Samson Siasia has previously told KingFut that the upcoming match is difficult, while asserting that the Egyptian team should respect them.
The Egyptian national team will play against Nigeria in Kaduna on March 25, before playing the second-leg on the 29th of the same month in Alexandria.