Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Hector Cuper: We have the abilities to beat Nigeria
Cuper started by insisting Nigerian officials’ comments would not affect his players.
“These types of comments should not affect our morale because if they did, we would become a team with no identity, and we would not deserve to represent Egypt,” he said.
He also claimed that while Nigeria has a lot of great players with pace and skill, Egyptians possess the abilities required to win.
“The Ghana debacle will not be repeated, and we can beat the Nigerian national team so I promise we’ll give everything in this match, but I cannot promise a win outright,” he added.
The former Inter manager has defended his decision to call up Hamada Tolba and Essam El-Hadary: “I chose Hamada Tolba because he has the characteristics for the kind of left-back that I need for the two games against Nigeria, and Essam El-Hadary is putting in good performances with Wadi Degla.”
The first of the two 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifying Group G matches kicks off in Kaduna on the 25th of March, with the return fixture to be played four days later in Alexandria.