KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Hector Cuper: We have the abilities to beat Nigeria
Cuper started by insisting Nigerian officials’ comments would not affect his players.
“These types of comments should not affect our morale because if they did, we would become a team with no identity, and we would not deserve to represent Egypt,” he said.
He also claimed that while Nigeria has a lot of great players with pace and skill, Egyptians possess the abilities required to win.
“The Ghana debacle will not be repeated, and we can beat the Nigerian national team so I promise we’ll give everything in this match, but I cannot promise a win outright,” he added.
The former Inter manager has defended his decision to call up Hamada Tolba and Essam El-Hadary: “I chose Hamada Tolba because he has the characteristics for the kind of left-back that I need for the two games against Nigeria, and Essam El-Hadary is putting in good performances with Wadi Degla.”
The first of the two 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifying Group G matches kicks off in Kaduna on the 25th of March, with the return fixture to be played four days later in Alexandria.