Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Braga record routine win over Uniao Madeira in league match
Braga looked to record an expected home win against relegation candidates Uniao Madeira who had not won away from home since January.
The home showed their intents from early on. They had repeated forays into goal, including a seventh minute effort by Koka, without breaking the deadlock. Braga continued to dominate had a penalty appeal by Koka waived away.
The goal finally came, courtesy of Josue, in the 36th minute. Braga controlled the tempo until halftime against, 15th place, Uniao Madeira.
Stojiljkovic made it 2-0 for Braga in the 50th minute. After the goal, the tempo of the match reduced greatly. Both goalscorers and Koka were subbed off as Braga saw off a routine win over Uniao Madeira.
Braga’s win took them to the 50 point mark as they sit comfortably fourth on the log. They will next face Benfica after the international break.