Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Elneny: I told Iwobi that it would be hard to beat Egypt
The first leg will be held in Kaduna on the 25th of March, while the second leg is going to be played four days later in Alexandria.
“I have a good feeling that we will be able to win the match. Nigeria is a good tough team but we’re good too. I also feel that I am surrounded by support from everyone encouraging us to get back to winning,” Elneny explained.
When asked about wether he talked with his fellow team mate in Arsenal Alex Iwobi about the match, Elneny confirmed that they did speak about it briefly. “I told him that it will be hard for Nigeria to beat Egypt.”
The young midfielder answered the question about who he would choose as the best player in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi by choosing the Argentinean legend.
“Messi is a unique football talent. Ronaldo is not a lot less than him but Messi is better without a doubt,” he added.
Egypt is currently on top of its group with six points after beating Chad and Tanzania, while Nigeria is in the second place with four points.