Abdulai Alhassan, Bolga All Stars FC owner, featured in his team’s draw...
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
Mainz defender Leon Balogun to miss Egypt clash
Balogun however picked up a muscular injury, which caused him to miss his Bundesliga side’s match against Werder Bremen where they played out a 1-1 draw on Saturday.
Due to injury, the German-born defender will not take part in Friday’s clash in Kaduna, but remains doubtful for the return leg in Alexandria on March 29.
The 27-year-old is an addition to Nigeria’s list of injuries, as Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of Egypt double-header after suffering a groin injury.
Two games have already been played, and Egypt are leading Group G with six points, two points clear of Nigeria who will be looking to close the gap.
Nigeria will host the Pharaohs on March 25 while the return leg will be at Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria four days later.