Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Mainz defender Leon Balogun to miss Egypt clash
Balogun however picked up a muscular injury, which caused him to miss his Bundesliga side’s match against Werder Bremen where they played out a 1-1 draw on Saturday.
Due to injury, the German-born defender will not take part in Friday’s clash in Kaduna, but remains doubtful for the return leg in Alexandria on March 29.
The 27-year-old is an addition to Nigeria’s list of injuries, as Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of Egypt double-header after suffering a groin injury.
Two games have already been played, and Egypt are leading Group G with six points, two points clear of Nigeria who will be looking to close the gap.
Nigeria will host the Pharaohs on March 25 while the return leg will be at Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria four days later.