Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Mainz defender Leon Balogun to miss Egypt clash
Balogun however picked up a muscular injury, which caused him to miss his Bundesliga side’s match against Werder Bremen where they played out a 1-1 draw on Saturday.
Due to injury, the German-born defender will not take part in Friday’s clash in Kaduna, but remains doubtful for the return leg in Alexandria on March 29.
The 27-year-old is an addition to Nigeria’s list of injuries, as Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of Egypt double-header after suffering a groin injury.
Two games have already been played, and Egypt are leading Group G with six points, two points clear of Nigeria who will be looking to close the gap.
Nigeria will host the Pharaohs on March 25 while the return leg will be at Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria four days later.