Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Mainz defender Leon Balogun to miss Egypt clash
Balogun however picked up a muscular injury, which caused him to miss his Bundesliga side’s match against Werder Bremen where they played out a 1-1 draw on Saturday.
Due to injury, the German-born defender will not take part in Friday’s clash in Kaduna, but remains doubtful for the return leg in Alexandria on March 29.
The 27-year-old is an addition to Nigeria’s list of injuries, as Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of Egypt double-header after suffering a groin injury.
Two games have already been played, and Egypt are leading Group G with six points, two points clear of Nigeria who will be looking to close the gap.
Nigeria will host the Pharaohs on March 25 while the return leg will be at Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria four days later.