Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Mainz defender Leon Balogun to miss Egypt clash
Balogun however picked up a muscular injury, which caused him to miss his Bundesliga side’s match against Werder Bremen where they played out a 1-1 draw on Saturday.
Due to injury, the German-born defender will not take part in Friday’s clash in Kaduna, but remains doubtful for the return leg in Alexandria on March 29.
The 27-year-old is an addition to Nigeria’s list of injuries, as Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo has been ruled out of Egypt double-header after suffering a groin injury.
Two games have already been played, and Egypt are leading Group G with six points, two points clear of Nigeria who will be looking to close the gap.
Nigeria will host the Pharaohs on March 25 while the return leg will be at Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria four days later.