Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Zamalek prodigy Mostafa Fathi out of Nigeria encounter
The Zamalek ace has been excluded from Egypt’s traveling squad due to injury which he sustained today.
Fathi sustained a lower abdominal muscle injury, similar to the one that kept Al Ahly ace Rami Rabia out for months in 2014.
The player had started to feel the pain on the team bus prior to training and was excluded from the session as the team reached Al Haddaf pitch in 6th of October City.
Despite reports that Fathi is set to undergo fitness tests tomorrow to determine the extent of the injury, KingFut can confirm there’s zero chance for the player to be on the plane traveling to Kaduna on Wednesday.
Egypt take on Nigeria on the 25th and 29th of March in crucial back-to-back 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.