A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Zamalek prodigy Mostafa Fathi out of Nigeria encounter
Egypt winger Mostafa Fathi has been excluded from the squad that is set to face Nigeria twice in the coming eight days.
The Zamalek ace has been excluded from Egypt’s traveling squad due to injury which he sustained today.
Fathi sustained a lower abdominal muscle injury, similar to the one that kept Al Ahly ace Rami Rabia out for months in 2014.
The player had started to feel the pain on the team bus prior to training and was excluded from the session as the team reached Al Haddaf pitch in 6th of October City.
Despite reports that Fathi is set to undergo fitness tests tomorrow to determine the extent of the injury, KingFut can confirm there’s zero chance for the player to be on the plane traveling to Kaduna on Wednesday.
Egypt national team staff lead by Héctor Cúper are expected to call up a replacement for Fathi, with Al Ahly player Momen Zakaria most likely to be the man.
Egypt take on Nigeria on the 25th and 29th of March in crucial back-to-back 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.