Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Zamalek prodigy Mostafa Fathi out of Nigeria encounter
Egypt winger Mostafa Fathi has been excluded from the squad that is set to face Nigeria twice in the coming eight days.
The Zamalek ace has been excluded from Egypt’s traveling squad due to injury which he sustained today.
Fathi sustained a lower abdominal muscle injury, similar to the one that kept Al Ahly ace Rami Rabia out for months in 2014.
The player had started to feel the pain on the team bus prior to training and was excluded from the session as the team reached Al Haddaf pitch in 6th of October City.
Despite reports that Fathi is set to undergo fitness tests tomorrow to determine the extent of the injury, KingFut can confirm there’s zero chance for the player to be on the plane traveling to Kaduna on Wednesday.
Egypt national team staff lead by Héctor Cúper are expected to call up a replacement for Fathi, with Al Ahly player Momen Zakaria most likely to be the man.
Egypt take on Nigeria on the 25th and 29th of March in crucial back-to-back 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.