Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Zamalek prodigy Mostafa Fathi out of Nigeria encounter
Egypt winger Mostafa Fathi has been excluded from the squad that is set to face Nigeria twice in the coming eight days.
The Zamalek ace has been excluded from Egypt’s traveling squad due to injury which he sustained today.
Fathi sustained a lower abdominal muscle injury, similar to the one that kept Al Ahly ace Rami Rabia out for months in 2014.
The player had started to feel the pain on the team bus prior to training and was excluded from the session as the team reached Al Haddaf pitch in 6th of October City.
Despite reports that Fathi is set to undergo fitness tests tomorrow to determine the extent of the injury, KingFut can confirm there’s zero chance for the player to be on the plane traveling to Kaduna on Wednesday.
Egypt national team staff lead by Héctor Cúper are expected to call up a replacement for Fathi, with Al Ahly player Momen Zakaria most likely to be the man.
Egypt take on Nigeria on the 25th and 29th of March in crucial back-to-back 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.