Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Zamalek prodigy Mostafa Fathi out of Nigeria encounter
The Zamalek ace has been excluded from Egypt’s traveling squad due to injury which he sustained today.
Fathi sustained a lower abdominal muscle injury, similar to the one that kept Al Ahly ace Rami Rabia out for months in 2014.
The player had started to feel the pain on the team bus prior to training and was excluded from the session as the team reached Al Haddaf pitch in 6th of October City.
Despite reports that Fathi is set to undergo fitness tests tomorrow to determine the extent of the injury, KingFut can confirm there’s zero chance for the player to be on the plane traveling to Kaduna on Wednesday.
Egypt national team staff lead by Héctor Cúper are expected to call up a replacement for Fathi, with Al Ahly player Momen Zakaria most likely to be the man.
Egypt take on Nigeria on the 25th and 29th of March in crucial back-to-back 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.