Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
NFF President tips trio to star against Egypt
Nigeria Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick has encouraged English Premier League trio Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi and Obi Mikel to lead the Super Eagles to victory in Kaduna on the 26th of March against the Pharaohs.
Pinnick expressed his appreciation of what 19-year-old Alex Iwobi produced in his last 2 showings against Barcelona and Everton where he managed to score his first goal in the Premier League.
“Our boys are in the best form for the Egypt game, and if they reproduces such form in Kaduna on Friday, goals will rain against the visitors,” Pinnick expressed.
“Already, some of the players have called to reassure us that they would show no mercy against Egypt and I believe them. We are not taking any chances against the Pharaohs.
“With the form of Iwobi , Mikel, Odion and other players in England and other leagues of Europe, Egypt know they are in real trouble and will not escape defeat in Kaduna. What we are praying for is that our foreign based players give the game their best and win the first leg before going for the final kill in the second leg duel,” Pinnick pointed out.
Egypt sit top of the AFCON 2017 qualifying group with six points, while Nigeria sit second with four points.