Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Egypt left-back Abdel-Shafy ready for Jeddah derby
Good news for Al Ahli Jeddah’s fans as their star player Mohamed Abdel-Shafy is back in time for next month’s Jeddah derby against Al-Ittihad FC.
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy was completing his rehab program in Qatar, Doha after undergoing knee surgery last month.
The rehabilitation was successful and the 30-year-old has received the medical green light to return to the team just in time for the derby against Ittihad.
The availability of the Egyptian left-back will give a boost to Al Ahli Jeddah, who are currently leading the race for the title in Saudi Arabia – just one point above Al-Hilal and five ahead of Ittihad.
Al Ahli will be hosting Al-Ittihad in the Jeddah derby that will be played on Saturday the 2nd of April.