Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Egypt left-back Abdel-Shafy ready for Jeddah derby
Good news for Al Ahli Jeddah’s fans as their star player Mohamed Abdel-Shafy is back in time for next month’s Jeddah derby against Al-Ittihad FC.
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy was completing his rehab program in Qatar, Doha after undergoing knee surgery last month.
The rehabilitation was successful and the 30-year-old has received the medical green light to return to the team just in time for the derby against Ittihad.
The availability of the Egyptian left-back will give a boost to Al Ahli Jeddah, who are currently leading the race for the title in Saudi Arabia – just one point above Al-Hilal and five ahead of Ittihad.
Al Ahli will be hosting Al-Ittihad in the Jeddah derby that will be played on Saturday the 2nd of April.