Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Egypt left-back Abdel-Shafy ready for Jeddah derby
Good news for Al Ahli Jeddah’s fans as their star player Mohamed Abdel-Shafy is back in time for next month’s Jeddah derby against Al-Ittihad FC.
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy was completing his rehab program in Qatar, Doha after undergoing knee surgery last month.
The rehabilitation was successful and the 30-year-old has received the medical green light to return to the team just in time for the derby against Ittihad.
The availability of the Egyptian left-back will give a boost to Al Ahli Jeddah, who are currently leading the race for the title in Saudi Arabia – just one point above Al-Hilal and five ahead of Ittihad.
Al Ahli will be hosting Al-Ittihad in the Jeddah derby that will be played on Saturday the 2nd of April.