Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
African Club Volleyball Championship draw announced
The draw for the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship was held on Tuesday in Cairo, with a record of participating teams (24), all competing for a World Championship ticket.
It was announced on January 24th that Egypt is set to host the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship after being nominated by the African Volleyball Confederation (CAVB).
With the presence of the CAVB president Dr. Amr Elwani, Assistant Minister of Youth and Sports Dr Ashraf Sobhi and Egyptian Volleyball Federation President Dr Fouad Abdel Salam, the draw was finalised on Tuesday in Cairo.
A record of participating teams of 24 teams from 14 countries were divided into four pools of six teams as follows:
Pool A: Zamalek (EGY)- Police (Sen)- Swehly (LBA)-Hamad (SUD)-Genermerie (MAD)-DGSP (CGO)
Pool B: Ahly (EGY)- Espoir (COD)-Douanes (BUR)- Atletico (CPV)- TCOM (GAB)- Wolaitta (ETH)
Pool C: Esperance (TUN)- Geish (EGY)- GSU (KEN)- CSVB (CMR)- Autoridade (MOZ)-Setif (ALG)
Pool D: Smoha (EGY)-Nahda (SUD)- Ahly B (LBA)- Fanar (ALG)-FAP (CMR)- Nemostar (UGA)
“I’m happy to have this number of participants and we promise to make all the facilities available for all teams” said Egyptian Volleyball Federation president Fouad Abdel Salam during the draw ceremony.
The competition is set to start on March 23rd at the Cairo Stadium Complex, and the final is scheduled on April 1st.