Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
African Club Volleyball Championship draw announced
The draw for the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship was held on Tuesday in Cairo, with a record of participating teams (24), all competing for a World Championship ticket.
It was announced on January 24th that Egypt is set to host the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship after being nominated by the African Volleyball Confederation (CAVB).
With the presence of the CAVB president Dr. Amr Elwani, Assistant Minister of Youth and Sports Dr Ashraf Sobhi and Egyptian Volleyball Federation President Dr Fouad Abdel Salam, the draw was finalised on Tuesday in Cairo.
A record of participating teams of 24 teams from 14 countries were divided into four pools of six teams as follows:
Pool A: Zamalek (EGY)- Police (Sen)- Swehly (LBA)-Hamad (SUD)-Genermerie (MAD)-DGSP (CGO)
Pool B: Ahly (EGY)- Espoir (COD)-Douanes (BUR)- Atletico (CPV)- TCOM (GAB)- Wolaitta (ETH)
Pool C: Esperance (TUN)- Geish (EGY)- GSU (KEN)- CSVB (CMR)- Autoridade (MOZ)-Setif (ALG)
Pool D: Smoha (EGY)-Nahda (SUD)- Ahly B (LBA)- Fanar (ALG)-FAP (CMR)- Nemostar (UGA)
“I’m happy to have this number of participants and we promise to make all the facilities available for all teams” said Egyptian Volleyball Federation president Fouad Abdel Salam during the draw ceremony.
The competition is set to start on March 23rd at the Cairo Stadium Complex, and the final is scheduled on April 1st.