Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
African Club Volleyball Championship draw announced
The draw for the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship was held on Tuesday in Cairo, with a record of participating teams (24), all competing for a World Championship ticket.
It was announced on January 24th that Egypt is set to host the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship after being nominated by the African Volleyball Confederation (CAVB).
With the presence of the CAVB president Dr. Amr Elwani, Assistant Minister of Youth and Sports Dr Ashraf Sobhi and Egyptian Volleyball Federation President Dr Fouad Abdel Salam, the draw was finalised on Tuesday in Cairo.
A record of participating teams of 24 teams from 14 countries were divided into four pools of six teams as follows:
Pool A: Zamalek (EGY)- Police (Sen)- Swehly (LBA)-Hamad (SUD)-Genermerie (MAD)-DGSP (CGO)
Pool B: Ahly (EGY)- Espoir (COD)-Douanes (BUR)- Atletico (CPV)- TCOM (GAB)- Wolaitta (ETH)
Pool C: Esperance (TUN)- Geish (EGY)- GSU (KEN)- CSVB (CMR)- Autoridade (MOZ)-Setif (ALG)
Pool D: Smoha (EGY)-Nahda (SUD)- Ahly B (LBA)- Fanar (ALG)-FAP (CMR)- Nemostar (UGA)
“I’m happy to have this number of participants and we promise to make all the facilities available for all teams” said Egyptian Volleyball Federation president Fouad Abdel Salam during the draw ceremony.
The competition is set to start on March 23rd at the Cairo Stadium Complex, and the final is scheduled on April 1st.