Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
African Club Volleyball Championship draw announced
The draw for the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship was held on Tuesday in Cairo, with a record of participating teams (24), all competing for a World Championship ticket.
It was announced on January 24th that Egypt is set to host the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship after being nominated by the African Volleyball Confederation (CAVB).
With the presence of the CAVB president Dr. Amr Elwani, Assistant Minister of Youth and Sports Dr Ashraf Sobhi and Egyptian Volleyball Federation President Dr Fouad Abdel Salam, the draw was finalised on Tuesday in Cairo.
A record of participating teams of 24 teams from 14 countries were divided into four pools of six teams as follows:
Pool A: Zamalek (EGY)- Police (Sen)- Swehly (LBA)-Hamad (SUD)-Genermerie (MAD)-DGSP (CGO)
Pool B: Ahly (EGY)- Espoir (COD)-Douanes (BUR)- Atletico (CPV)- TCOM (GAB)- Wolaitta (ETH)
Pool C: Esperance (TUN)- Geish (EGY)- GSU (KEN)- CSVB (CMR)- Autoridade (MOZ)-Setif (ALG)
Pool D: Smoha (EGY)-Nahda (SUD)- Ahly B (LBA)- Fanar (ALG)-FAP (CMR)- Nemostar (UGA)
“I’m happy to have this number of participants and we promise to make all the facilities available for all teams” said Egyptian Volleyball Federation president Fouad Abdel Salam during the draw ceremony.
The competition is set to start on March 23rd at the Cairo Stadium Complex, and the final is scheduled on April 1st.