Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
African Club Volleyball Championship draw announced
The draw for the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship was held on Tuesday in Cairo, with a record of participating teams (24), all competing for a World Championship ticket.
It was announced on January 24th that Egypt is set to host the 2016 African Men’s Club Volleyball Championship after being nominated by the African Volleyball Confederation (CAVB).
With the presence of the CAVB president Dr. Amr Elwani, Assistant Minister of Youth and Sports Dr Ashraf Sobhi and Egyptian Volleyball Federation President Dr Fouad Abdel Salam, the draw was finalised on Tuesday in Cairo.
A record of participating teams of 24 teams from 14 countries were divided into four pools of six teams as follows:
Pool A: Zamalek (EGY)- Police (Sen)- Swehly (LBA)-Hamad (SUD)-Genermerie (MAD)-DGSP (CGO)
Pool B: Ahly (EGY)- Espoir (COD)-Douanes (BUR)- Atletico (CPV)- TCOM (GAB)- Wolaitta (ETH)
Pool C: Esperance (TUN)- Geish (EGY)- GSU (KEN)- CSVB (CMR)- Autoridade (MOZ)-Setif (ALG)
Pool D: Smoha (EGY)-Nahda (SUD)- Ahly B (LBA)- Fanar (ALG)-FAP (CMR)- Nemostar (UGA)
“I’m happy to have this number of participants and we promise to make all the facilities available for all teams” said Egyptian Volleyball Federation president Fouad Abdel Salam during the draw ceremony.
The competition is set to start on March 23rd at the Cairo Stadium Complex, and the final is scheduled on April 1st.