Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Koka: Egypt aren’t reliant on foreign-based players
SC Braga striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ has talked about the role of Egypt’s foreign-based players with the national team ahead of the upcoming Nigeria clash.
The Pharaohs are scheduled to face the Super Eagles on Friday in Kaduna, before hosting them at Borg El-Arab Stadium on March 29 in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Koka said that the Egyptian team isn’t solely reliant on the overseas-based players, stressing that all the players exert high levels of efforts with the national team.
“The team don’t rely on foreign-based players as Mohamed Salah, Mohamed Elneny, Mahmoud Trezeguet, Amr Warda and me; the team consists of 11 players,” Koka told Sada El-Balad Channel on Monday.
“Players who play for the national team make every effort to represent their country in an honorable way,” the Egyptian striker added.
Koka also said that their two upcoming matches against Nigeria will be tough games, stating that the Nigerian team are very strong. He however stated that they will do their best in order to achieve positive results in the home and away legs.
Koka scored 13 goals with his team this season, since he joined them from Rio Ave during the previous summer transfer window.