Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Koka: Egypt aren’t reliant on foreign-based players
SC Braga striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ has talked about the role of Egypt’s foreign-based players with the national team ahead of the upcoming Nigeria clash.
The Pharaohs are scheduled to face the Super Eagles on Friday in Kaduna, before hosting them at Borg El-Arab Stadium on March 29 in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Koka said that the Egyptian team isn’t solely reliant on the overseas-based players, stressing that all the players exert high levels of efforts with the national team.
“The team don’t rely on foreign-based players as Mohamed Salah, Mohamed Elneny, Mahmoud Trezeguet, Amr Warda and me; the team consists of 11 players,” Koka told Sada El-Balad Channel on Monday.
“Players who play for the national team make every effort to represent their country in an honorable way,” the Egyptian striker added.
Koka also said that their two upcoming matches against Nigeria will be tough games, stating that the Nigerian team are very strong. He however stated that they will do their best in order to achieve positive results in the home and away legs.
Koka scored 13 goals with his team this season, since he joined them from Rio Ave during the previous summer transfer window.