Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Koka: Egypt aren’t reliant on foreign-based players
SC Braga striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ has talked about the role of Egypt’s foreign-based players with the national team ahead of the upcoming Nigeria clash.
The Pharaohs are scheduled to face the Super Eagles on Friday in Kaduna, before hosting them at Borg El-Arab Stadium on March 29 in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Koka said that the Egyptian team isn’t solely reliant on the overseas-based players, stressing that all the players exert high levels of efforts with the national team.
“The team don’t rely on foreign-based players as Mohamed Salah, Mohamed Elneny, Mahmoud Trezeguet, Amr Warda and me; the team consists of 11 players,” Koka told Sada El-Balad Channel on Monday.
“Players who play for the national team make every effort to represent their country in an honorable way,” the Egyptian striker added.
Koka also said that their two upcoming matches against Nigeria will be tough games, stating that the Nigerian team are very strong. He however stated that they will do their best in order to achieve positive results in the home and away legs.
Koka scored 13 goals with his team this season, since he joined them from Rio Ave during the previous summer transfer window.