The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Koka: Egypt aren’t reliant on foreign-based players
SC Braga striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ has talked about the role of Egypt’s foreign-based players with the national team ahead of the upcoming Nigeria clash.
The Pharaohs are scheduled to face the Super Eagles on Friday in Kaduna, before hosting them at Borg El-Arab Stadium on March 29 in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Koka said that the Egyptian team isn’t solely reliant on the overseas-based players, stressing that all the players exert high levels of efforts with the national team.
“Players who play for the national team make every effort to represent their country in an honorable way,” the Egyptian striker added.
Koka also said that their two upcoming matches against Nigeria will be tough games, stating that the Nigerian team are very strong. He however stated that they will do their best in order to achieve positive results in the home and away legs.
Koka scored 13 goals with his team this season, since he joined them from Rio Ave during the previous summer transfer window.