Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
REPORT: Nigeria train at Kaduna, Iwobi trains separately
The Nigeria national team camp had their first training session in Kaduna today, ahead of the anticipated encounter against Egypt.
The Super Eagles camp wasted no time as they hit Ahmadu Bello Stadium straight after arriving to Kaduna from Abuja, while some other administrative staff had went to the team hotel to settle in.
The training session started with some normal warm ups, stretches, shuttle runs, light sprints followed by a few ball works, as per KingFut reporters in Kaduna.
Later the team was split by positions where defenders, midfielders and forwards were separated from each other and trained on link up play. It was a full house as fans were there to cheer the players on, calling their names and their respective clubs.
The players from the English Premier league dominated with John Obi Mikel, Victor Moses, Odion Jude Ighalo, Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi.
Iwobi had suffered from a stomach bug and was forced to train on his own far away from collective training. Iwobi trained with a physiotherapist and a physical trainer, starting with a two-lap walk around the pitch, followed by light running, physical balancing and light ball work.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 22, 2016
Seemingly dehydrated, Iwobi had already emptied three bottles of water midway through his session, followed by a few minutes of sprinting and shuttle runs.
The Arsenal winger came out unscathed and sat down on the sidelines as he watched the rest of the team train.
Under the eyes of Siasia, Amunike and co. the fans had very much enjoyed the training session. Kenneth Omeruo and Leon Balogun were excluded from the camp due to injuries sustained.
Nigeria are expected to start their training session tomorrow by having two sides play against each other.
Meanwhile, only left-back Elderson Echiejile of AS Monaco is expected as he is yet to report to camp.