Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Trezeguet: I am still currently an Al Ahly player
Mahmoud Trezeguet has revealed he is still currently considered an Al Ahly player until he is officially bought by RSC Anderlecht.
The 21-year-old prodigy continued, “Of course, it crosses my mind every now and then; I don’t know my destiny yet, but I want to continue my career outside of Egypt in a good way.”
The talented midfielder revealed some frustrations with his spell in Belgium this far. “I have faced difficult circumstances at the beginning. I got injured after adapting with team, and I missed three months,” Trezeguet reported.
The Al Ahly youth product continued, “With all of these circumstances, Anderlecht wants me to continue with them. I did receive a national team call-up, which is great, but right now I am totally focused on making the fans happy.”
Trezeguet also spoke highly of fellow Pharaoh abroad, Mohamed Salah, stating that Salah’s support and inspiration has been an important lift in his European endeavors.
The midfielder went on to state that he and Salah speak all the time, and the Roma star relays the importance of being patient, explaining that he endured some of the same circumstances Trezeguet has been dealing with.