Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Trezeguet: I am still currently an Al Ahly player
Mahmoud Trezeguet has revealed he is still currently considered an Al Ahly player until he is officially bought by RSC Anderlecht.
The 21-year-old prodigy continued, “Of course, it crosses my mind every now and then; I don’t know my destiny yet, but I want to continue my career outside of Egypt in a good way.”
The talented midfielder revealed some frustrations with his spell in Belgium this far. “I have faced difficult circumstances at the beginning. I got injured after adapting with team, and I missed three months,” Trezeguet reported.
The Al Ahly youth product continued, “With all of these circumstances, Anderlecht wants me to continue with them. I did receive a national team call-up, which is great, but right now I am totally focused on making the fans happy.”
Trezeguet also spoke highly of fellow Pharaoh abroad, Mohamed Salah, stating that Salah’s support and inspiration has been an important lift in his European endeavors.
The midfielder went on to state that he and Salah speak all the time, and the Roma star relays the importance of being patient, explaining that he endured some of the same circumstances Trezeguet has been dealing with.