Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Trezeguet: I am still currently an Al Ahly player
Mahmoud Trezeguet has revealed he is still currently considered an Al Ahly player until he is officially bought by RSC Anderlecht.
The 21-year-old prodigy continued, “Of course, it crosses my mind every now and then; I don’t know my destiny yet, but I want to continue my career outside of Egypt in a good way.”
The talented midfielder revealed some frustrations with his spell in Belgium this far. “I have faced difficult circumstances at the beginning. I got injured after adapting with team, and I missed three months,” Trezeguet reported.
The Al Ahly youth product continued, “With all of these circumstances, Anderlecht wants me to continue with them. I did receive a national team call-up, which is great, but right now I am totally focused on making the fans happy.”
Trezeguet also spoke highly of fellow Pharaoh abroad, Mohamed Salah, stating that Salah’s support and inspiration has been an important lift in his European endeavors.
The midfielder went on to state that he and Salah speak all the time, and the Roma star relays the importance of being patient, explaining that he endured some of the same circumstances Trezeguet has been dealing with.