Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Zamalek fine Ahmed Tawfik
Tawfik was involved in Zamalek’s victory over Union Douala as the White Castle won 2-0 to advance towards the Round of 16 with a 3-0 win on aggregate in the CAF Champions League.
However, the 24 year-old-midfielder celebrated the second goal by taking off the shirt and throwing it on the ground which aroused the anger of the club’s president Mortada Mansour, who decided to fine Tawfik around 300,000 EGP from his wages.
“Ahmed Tawfik will be fined after his celebration to avoid repeating such actions. The club’s shirt should be respected by all the old and young players,” the club’s official statement said.
The club’s website has mentioned that Tawfik has appealed to Ismail Youssef, Zamalek’s director of football, in order to lift the financial fine.