Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Zamalek fine Ahmed Tawfik
Tawfik was involved in Zamalek’s victory over Union Douala as the White Castle won 2-0 to advance towards the Round of 16 with a 3-0 win on aggregate in the CAF Champions League.
However, the 24 year-old-midfielder celebrated the second goal by taking off the shirt and throwing it on the ground which aroused the anger of the club’s president Mortada Mansour, who decided to fine Tawfik around 300,000 EGP from his wages.
“Ahmed Tawfik will be fined after his celebration to avoid repeating such actions. The club’s shirt should be respected by all the old and young players,” the club’s official statement said.
The club’s website has mentioned that Tawfik has appealed to Ismail Youssef, Zamalek’s director of football, in order to lift the financial fine.