Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Zamalek fine Ahmed Tawfik
Tawfik was involved in Zamalek’s victory over Union Douala as the White Castle won 2-0 to advance towards the Round of 16 with a 3-0 win on aggregate in the CAF Champions League.
However, the 24 year-old-midfielder celebrated the second goal by taking off the shirt and throwing it on the ground which aroused the anger of the club’s president Mortada Mansour, who decided to fine Tawfik around 300,000 EGP from his wages.
“Ahmed Tawfik will be fined after his celebration to avoid repeating such actions. The club’s shirt should be respected by all the old and young players,” the club’s official statement said.
The club’s website has mentioned that Tawfik has appealed to Ismail Youssef, Zamalek’s director of football, in order to lift the financial fine.