Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Zamalek fine Ahmed Tawfik
Tawfik was involved in Zamalek’s victory over Union Douala as the White Castle won 2-0 to advance towards the Round of 16 with a 3-0 win on aggregate in the CAF Champions League.
However, the 24 year-old-midfielder celebrated the second goal by taking off the shirt and throwing it on the ground which aroused the anger of the club’s president Mortada Mansour, who decided to fine Tawfik around 300,000 EGP from his wages.
“Ahmed Tawfik will be fined after his celebration to avoid repeating such actions. The club’s shirt should be respected by all the old and young players,” the club’s official statement said.
The club’s website has mentioned that Tawfik has appealed to Ismail Youssef, Zamalek’s director of football, in order to lift the financial fine.