Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Zamalek fine Ahmed Tawfik
Tawfik was involved in Zamalek’s victory over Union Douala as the White Castle won 2-0 to advance towards the Round of 16 with a 3-0 win on aggregate in the CAF Champions League.
However, the 24 year-old-midfielder celebrated the second goal by taking off the shirt and throwing it on the ground which aroused the anger of the club’s president Mortada Mansour, who decided to fine Tawfik around 300,000 EGP from his wages.
“Ahmed Tawfik will be fined after his celebration to avoid repeating such actions. The club’s shirt should be respected by all the old and young players,” the club’s official statement said.
The club’s website has mentioned that Tawfik has appealed to Ismail Youssef, Zamalek’s director of football, in order to lift the financial fine.