Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
Ighalo, Iheanacho and Moses comment on Egypt clash
Nigeria take on Egypt in Kaduna on the 25th of March, then on the 29th of March in Alexandria as both team look to qualify for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
Regarding the anticipated match, Watford goal-king Odion Ighalo put the team in front of his goalscoring heroics.
“I am not putting my personal target ahead of the team. If I don’t score and the team wins that will be the most important thing,” Ighalo told Nigerian sport radio station Brila FM.
Ighalo scored a crucial goal around a week ago to help Watford eliminate Mohamed Elneny’s Arsenal from the FA Cup. The 26-year-old went on to apologize to Nigerian Arsenal fans.
“I try to score goals against every team I play, not only Arsenal. I’m sorry for the Arsenal fans for doing that but that is my job,” Ighalo concluded.
Manchester City prodigy Kelechi was grateful for his call up by Siasia, calling it a ‘surprise’.
“It was a great surprise, I am happy to be given the opportunity to play from the under-17 to this level,” Iheanacho stated.
“I thank the people of Nigeria, the NFF [Nigerian Football Federation] for giving me the opportunity to play. I’m very happy, delighted.
Iheanacho is widely expected to take part in both legs as the Super Eagles will be aiming to collecting six points against Egypt.
“No I don’t have a dream scoreline, we have to play and do our best. I think I haven’t been to Egypt so I don’t know about the weather but when we get there we will know about it,” the 19-year-old concluded.
K.A.A Gent star Moses Simon later confirmed the team was adamant to win at all costs.
“My position is fixed, we need wins. We will just go there and do our best,” Simon claimed.