Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Mido: I believed in Ibrahimovic when people doubted him
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has talked about former Ajax teammate, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, on how he believed and learned from him.
In statements made to Bein Sports channel, Mido has talked about Paris Saint-Germain striker Ibrahimovic and the relationship they had while playing for Ajax in the period from 2001 until 2003.
“I was the only one who believed in Ibrahimovic’s abilities in his first days as an Ajax player; people doubted him and he faced rough times after coming to the Dutch league.
“What I saw from Zlatan in training made me believe that he’ll be one of the world’s best players some day because of his strong character on and off the pitch.”
On how much he learned from the Swedish striker, Mido said: “I learned from him how to enjoy playing, even if it was a tough match against world class players.
“We had so much self confidence, which helped us become two of the best young strikers in the world at that time.”
It’s worth noting that Mido is now a pundit for Bein Sports after being sacked from his managerial position at Zamalek.