Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Mido: I believed in Ibrahimovic when people doubted him
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has talked about former Ajax teammate, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, on how he believed and learned from him.
In statements made to Bein Sports channel, Mido has talked about Paris Saint-Germain striker Ibrahimovic and the relationship they had while playing for Ajax in the period from 2001 until 2003.
“I was the only one who believed in Ibrahimovic’s abilities in his first days as an Ajax player; people doubted him and he faced rough times after coming to the Dutch league.
“What I saw from Zlatan in training made me believe that he’ll be one of the world’s best players some day because of his strong character on and off the pitch.”
On how much he learned from the Swedish striker, Mido said: “I learned from him how to enjoy playing, even if it was a tough match against world class players.
“We had so much self confidence, which helped us become two of the best young strikers in the world at that time.”
It’s worth noting that Mido is now a pundit for Bein Sports after being sacked from his managerial position at Zamalek.