Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper praised AS Roma’s winger Mohamed Salah...
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
Mido: I believed in Ibrahimovic when people doubted him
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has talked about former Ajax teammate, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, on how he believed and learned from him.
In statements made to Bein Sports channel, Mido has talked about Paris Saint-Germain striker Ibrahimovic and the relationship they had while playing for Ajax in the period from 2001 until 2003.
“I was the only one who believed in Ibrahimovic’s abilities in his first days as an Ajax player; people doubted him and he faced rough times after coming to the Dutch league.
“What I saw from Zlatan in training made me believe that he’ll be one of the world’s best players some day because of his strong character on and off the pitch.”
On how much he learned from the Swedish striker, Mido said: “I learned from him how to enjoy playing, even if it was a tough match against world class players.
“We had so much self confidence, which helped us become two of the best young strikers in the world at that time.”
It’s worth noting that Mido is now a pundit for Bein Sports after being sacked from his managerial position at Zamalek.