Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
John Obi Mikel on Egypt encounter: We are ready
Following their arrival to Kaduna yesterday, the Nigeria Super Eagles camp have set the final preparations ahead of meeting Egypt next Friday.
The players arrived yesterday and headed straight to Ahmadu Bello Stadium from Kaduna to train. On their second day in the city, the players laid over their thoughts on Nigerian sport radio station Brila FM.
Speaking first had to be Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel. Nigeria have been hit with news of two shock injuries to Leon Balogun and Kenneth Omeruo but Mikel brushes off claims that the Super Eagles will be affected by their absence.
“No, we have Oboabona here, Efe [Ambrose] is here, we have all the players here.
“It is always not nice when you miss players who are very important to the team but at the same time we have players who can do a good job, so I think we are quite ready,” concluded the 28-year-old.
PHOTOS: NIGERIA’S FIRST DAY AT AHMADU BELLO STADIUM
Speaking next was team captain and CSKA Moscow speedster Ahmed Musa. Musa was adamant that the players were only aiming for the win, saying: “All the rest of the players have been on and off in the team. We are going to do our best to get what Nigeria needs, Nigeria need wins.
“We need Nigeria to just protect the players and we are going to make them happy on Friday,” Musa concluded.