Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
John Obi Mikel on Egypt encounter: We are ready
Following their arrival to Kaduna yesterday, the Nigeria Super Eagles camp have set the final preparations ahead of meeting Egypt next Friday.
The players arrived yesterday and headed straight to Ahmadu Bello Stadium from Kaduna to train. On their second day in the city, the players laid over their thoughts on Nigerian sport radio station Brila FM.
Speaking first had to be Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel. Nigeria have been hit with news of two shock injuries to Leon Balogun and Kenneth Omeruo but Mikel brushes off claims that the Super Eagles will be affected by their absence.
“No, we have Oboabona here, Efe [Ambrose] is here, we have all the players here.
“It is always not nice when you miss players who are very important to the team but at the same time we have players who can do a good job, so I think we are quite ready,” concluded the 28-year-old.
PHOTOS: NIGERIA’S FIRST DAY AT AHMADU BELLO STADIUM
Speaking next was team captain and CSKA Moscow speedster Ahmed Musa. Musa was adamant that the players were only aiming for the win, saying: “All the rest of the players have been on and off in the team. We are going to do our best to get what Nigeria needs, Nigeria need wins.
“We need Nigeria to just protect the players and we are going to make them happy on Friday,” Musa concluded.