Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
John Obi Mikel on Egypt encounter: We are ready
The players arrived yesterday and headed straight to Ahmadu Bello Stadium from Kaduna to train. On their second day in the city, the players laid over their thoughts on Nigerian sport radio station Brila FM.
Speaking first had to be Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel. Nigeria have been hit with news of two shock injuries to Leon Balogun and Kenneth Omeruo but Mikel brushes off claims that the Super Eagles will be affected by their absence.
“No, we have Oboabona here, Efe [Ambrose] is here, we have all the players here.
“It is always not nice when you miss players who are very important to the team but at the same time we have players who can do a good job, so I think we are quite ready,” concluded the 28-year-old.
PHOTOS: NIGERIA’S FIRST DAY AT AHMADU BELLO STADIUM
Speaking next was team captain and CSKA Moscow speedster Ahmed Musa. Musa was adamant that the players were only aiming for the win, saying: “All the rest of the players have been on and off in the team. We are going to do our best to get what Nigeria needs, Nigeria need wins.
“We need Nigeria to just protect the players and we are going to make them happy on Friday,” Musa concluded.