Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
John Obi Mikel on Egypt encounter: We are ready
Following their arrival to Kaduna yesterday, the Nigeria Super Eagles camp have set the final preparations ahead of meeting Egypt next Friday.
The players arrived yesterday and headed straight to Ahmadu Bello Stadium from Kaduna to train. On their second day in the city, the players laid over their thoughts on Nigerian sport radio station Brila FM.
Speaking first had to be Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel. Nigeria have been hit with news of two shock injuries to Leon Balogun and Kenneth Omeruo but Mikel brushes off claims that the Super Eagles will be affected by their absence.
“No, we have Oboabona here, Efe [Ambrose] is here, we have all the players here.
“It is always not nice when you miss players who are very important to the team but at the same time we have players who can do a good job, so I think we are quite ready,” concluded the 28-year-old.
PHOTOS: NIGERIA’S FIRST DAY AT AHMADU BELLO STADIUM
Speaking next was team captain and CSKA Moscow speedster Ahmed Musa. Musa was adamant that the players were only aiming for the win, saying: “All the rest of the players have been on and off in the team. We are going to do our best to get what Nigeria needs, Nigeria need wins.
“We need Nigeria to just protect the players and we are going to make them happy on Friday,” Musa concluded.