Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
John Obi Mikel on Egypt encounter: We are ready
The players arrived yesterday and headed straight to Ahmadu Bello Stadium from Kaduna to train. On their second day in the city, the players laid over their thoughts on Nigerian sport radio station Brila FM.
Speaking first had to be Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel. Nigeria have been hit with news of two shock injuries to Leon Balogun and Kenneth Omeruo but Mikel brushes off claims that the Super Eagles will be affected by their absence.
“No, we have Oboabona here, Efe [Ambrose] is here, we have all the players here.
“It is always not nice when you miss players who are very important to the team but at the same time we have players who can do a good job, so I think we are quite ready,” concluded the 28-year-old.
PHOTOS: NIGERIA’S FIRST DAY AT AHMADU BELLO STADIUM
Speaking next was team captain and CSKA Moscow speedster Ahmed Musa. Musa was adamant that the players were only aiming for the win, saying: “All the rest of the players have been on and off in the team. We are going to do our best to get what Nigeria needs, Nigeria need wins.
“We need Nigeria to just protect the players and we are going to make them happy on Friday,” Musa concluded.