The Egypt U-20 National Team drew their second game at AFCON after...
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
- Hamoudi included in Al Ahly squad against Dakhleya
- Elmohamady: It’s going to be difficult at Leicester
Redknapp reveals rejecting approaches from Al Ahly, Zamalek
Redknapp however signed a two-game deal with the Jordanian national team to help them qualify for the 2018 World Cup. He will take charge of Jordan’s qualifying matches against Bangladesh and Australia.
The former West Ham and Portsmouth boss said that he was approached by Egyptian clubs Al Ahly and Zamalek, but turned them both down, before accepting Jordan’s offer.
“You never know what comes around the corner. I had the chance four weeks ago to manage two top teams in Egypt. I met them both but decided I did not want to manage full-time in Egypt – I got offered both within a week of each other. Martin Jol and Alex McLeish took them,” Redknapp told Mirror.
The 69-year-old manager has previously told KingFut that talks had taken place between him and a Zamalek board member, revealing that he was “looking forward to a new challenge in Egypt”.