Ghana forward Andre Ayew has revealed that the Black Stars will use...
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
Redknapp reveals rejecting approaches from Al Ahly, Zamalek
Redknapp however signed a two-game deal with the Jordanian national team to help them qualify for the 2018 World Cup. He will take charge of Jordan’s qualifying matches against Bangladesh and Australia.
The former West Ham and Portsmouth boss said that he was approached by Egyptian clubs Al Ahly and Zamalek, but turned them both down, before accepting Jordan’s offer.
“You never know what comes around the corner. I had the chance four weeks ago to manage two top teams in Egypt. I met them both but decided I did not want to manage full-time in Egypt – I got offered both within a week of each other. Martin Jol and Alex McLeish took them,” Redknapp told Mirror.
The 69-year-old manager has previously told KingFut that talks had taken place between him and a Zamalek board member, revealing that he was “looking forward to a new challenge in Egypt”.