Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Redknapp reveals rejecting approaches from Al Ahly, Zamalek
Redknapp however signed a two-game deal with the Jordanian national team to help them qualify for the 2018 World Cup. He will take charge of Jordan’s qualifying matches against Bangladesh and Australia.
The former West Ham and Portsmouth boss said that he was approached by Egyptian clubs Al Ahly and Zamalek, but turned them both down, before accepting Jordan’s offer.
“You never know what comes around the corner. I had the chance four weeks ago to manage two top teams in Egypt. I met them both but decided I did not want to manage full-time in Egypt – I got offered both within a week of each other. Martin Jol and Alex McLeish took them,” Redknapp told Mirror.
The 69-year-old manager has previously told KingFut that talks had taken place between him and a Zamalek board member, revealing that he was “looking forward to a new challenge in Egypt”.