Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Redknapp reveals rejecting approaches from Al Ahly, Zamalek
Redknapp however signed a two-game deal with the Jordanian national team to help them qualify for the 2018 World Cup. He will take charge of Jordan’s qualifying matches against Bangladesh and Australia.
The former West Ham and Portsmouth boss said that he was approached by Egyptian clubs Al Ahly and Zamalek, but turned them both down, before accepting Jordan’s offer.
“You never know what comes around the corner. I had the chance four weeks ago to manage two top teams in Egypt. I met them both but decided I did not want to manage full-time in Egypt – I got offered both within a week of each other. Martin Jol and Alex McLeish took them,” Redknapp told Mirror.
The 69-year-old manager has previously told KingFut that talks had taken place between him and a Zamalek board member, revealing that he was “looking forward to a new challenge in Egypt”.