Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Hector Cuper: I promise to do our best
“I know well the importance of this game,” Hector Cuper told CAFonline.com, as the Pharaohs prepared to depart for Kaduna, Nigeria.
“Everyone is waiting for this match, and this makes it a double edged weapon. Winning will put us on the right track; losing will mean pressure on our shoulders. I promise we will do everything we can. I have been a coach for a very long time, and never promised to win a game. We will do our best, that’s what I can promise,” he continued.
“Seeing Ahly and Zamalek progressing in the CAF Champions League was very important for the Pharaohs, both mentally and technically,” he explained.
“They have been awesome in the recent weeks, and hopefully they will continue their in-form performances. Nigeria is a talented team with strength and pace and we have to match them on the field. I believe in my work; I believe in my players. I’m positive we are going to do a good job. That’s the spirit we need,” Cuper concluded.
Kickoff is scheduled for 18:00 CLT on Friday, with the home fixture to be played the following Tuesday in Alexandria.