Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
Tanzania beat Chad away in African Cup of Nations qualifier
Tanzania beat Chad by a solitary goal in their AFCON 2017 qualifier match, in N’Djamena.
Mbwana Samatta captained his country to a vital away win as they bid to qualify for a second AFCON. The Genk striker scored the only goal of the match at the half hour mark.
Tanzania missed several chances before finding the net in the 30th minute. After the goal, Chad pressed for an equalizer but couldn’t break down Tanzania.
In the second half, the visitors brought on defensive options to see off the win.
Samatta’s goal was Tanzania’s first of the qualifiers. They previously held Nigeria and lost to Egypt.
Tanzania beat Chad to move third in group G; on four points. They will regroup and host Chad on 28th March, 2016.
The group’s other match pits heavyweights Egypt and Nigeria in Kaduna. The match will be on 25th March, 2016. You can follow live proceedings on KingFut.