Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
Sam Morsy scores as Wigan thrash Swindon Town
Both teams started the game pushing for an early goal with attempts on both goals. Wigan opened the scoreline in the 15th minute through Will Grigg who cleverly finished Chris McCann’s cross from the left side at close range.
The Latics kept pushing for a second goal before half time but had no luck as Swindon defended well in the remaining minutes of the first half.
The floodgates opened in the second half as two minutes in Max Power scored the second goal of the night as his right foot shot from the edge of the box ended up in the top right corner.
Grigg scored again in the 50th minute as his effort down the right flank was deflected and found the net. Just one minute later, Sam Morsy scored to make it 4-0 for the Latics. Morsy pushed the ball on the edge of the area before he landed his right foot shot into the bottom left corner.
Swindon scored in the 79th minute to save face as Nicky Ajose escaped down the left side to slide the ball into the bottom right corner.
The Latics are set to face Rochdale AFC in the 39th round of League One on Monday at the DW Stadium.