Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
Sam Morsy scores as Wigan thrash Swindon Town
Both teams started the game pushing for an early goal with attempts on both goals. Wigan opened the scoreline in the 15th minute through Will Grigg who cleverly finished Chris McCann’s cross from the left side at close range.
The Latics kept pushing for a second goal before half time but had no luck as Swindon defended well in the remaining minutes of the first half.
The floodgates opened in the second half as two minutes in Max Power scored the second goal of the night as his right foot shot from the edge of the box ended up in the top right corner.
Grigg scored again in the 50th minute as his effort down the right flank was deflected and found the net. Just one minute later, Sam Morsy scored to make it 4-0 for the Latics. Morsy pushed the ball on the edge of the area before he landed his right foot shot into the bottom left corner.
Swindon scored in the 79th minute to save face as Nicky Ajose escaped down the left side to slide the ball into the bottom right corner.
The Latics are set to face Rochdale AFC in the 39th round of League One on Monday at the DW Stadium.