Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
SQUASH: Nouran Gohar reaches Dubai World Series Finals
Nouran Gohar has managed to secure a spot in the Dubai PSA World Series Finals after winning in the second round of the 2016 Allam British Open.
World Junior Champion Nouran Gohar has managed to win the game against Hong Kong’s Annie Au in the second round of the Allam British Open and secure a place in the World Series Finals.
The 2016 Allam British Open is the last women’s PSA World Series tournament of the 2015/16 season before the Dubai World Series Finals which takes place May 24-28.
The 18 year-old Gohar will join eight players in the World Series that include the likes of eight-time World Champion Nicol David and three-time World Junior Champion Nour El Sherbini.
It’s the first time for the young Egyptian to reach the World Series Finals and had this to say to the PSA official website: “I remember watching the World Series Finals in 2012 and dreaming of being there and playing in that tournament.
“To be among the top eight is an amazing feeling.
“At the beginning of the season when it was announced that the World Series Finals would be in Dubai I knew straight away that I wanted to be there. I’ve been trying to do my best in each tournament but not putting too much pressure on myself either.
“I have really enjoyed this season and playing the World Series tournaments. The Tournament of Champions where I beat Laura and reached the semi-finals was great so I’m really happy I have managed to qualify in the top eight.”