Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
Cuper: Tolba save was a turning point in the match
Egyptian National Team manager Hector Cuper made some comments about Egypt’s performance, Hamada Tolba’s goal-line clearance, and the match generally after Egypt’s 1-1 draw with Nigeria in third round of African Cup Of Nations qualifiers.
The Argentinian coach commented on a lot of things related to the game. He started by talking about the line-up. He said, “I chose the players suitable for the atmosphere and the match.” He also stated that Mahmoud Hassan “Trezeguet” was injured therefore unable to play.
Cuper also commented on the match and substitutions: “We had a strong first half from the tactical side, but in the second half we committed a lot of mistakes and will work on improving.” He also he declared that the players were very tired, and that that factor played a major role in his substitutions.
The former Valencia manager continued: “I have never witnessed this number of fans on the track of a pitch in my life which is very dangerous but the fans were respectful and didn’t do anything offensive. The referee, on the other hand, forced us to defend by calling a foul for Nigeria on every ball.”
Finally, Cuper praised Tolba for his contribution to the team’s effort: “Hamada Tolba’s save was a turning point in the match. I didn’t choose Tolba to challenge the media and the fans. Tolba may be 34 years old, but he has superb physical ability that will continue to prove useful to the team.”