Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Cuper: Tolba save was a turning point in the match
Egyptian National Team manager Hector Cuper made some comments about Egypt’s performance, Hamada Tolba’s goal-line clearance, and the match generally after Egypt’s 1-1 draw with Nigeria in third round of African Cup Of Nations qualifiers.
The Argentinian coach commented on a lot of things related to the game. He started by talking about the line-up. He said, “I chose the players suitable for the atmosphere and the match.” He also stated that Mahmoud Hassan “Trezeguet” was injured therefore unable to play.
Cuper also commented on the match and substitutions: “We had a strong first half from the tactical side, but in the second half we committed a lot of mistakes and will work on improving.” He also he declared that the players were very tired, and that that factor played a major role in his substitutions.
The former Valencia manager continued: “I have never witnessed this number of fans on the track of a pitch in my life which is very dangerous but the fans were respectful and didn’t do anything offensive. The referee, on the other hand, forced us to defend by calling a foul for Nigeria on every ball.”
Finally, Cuper praised Tolba for his contribution to the team’s effort: “Hamada Tolba’s save was a turning point in the match. I didn’t choose Tolba to challenge the media and the fans. Tolba may be 34 years old, but he has superb physical ability that will continue to prove useful to the team.”