Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
El Shaarawy embraces Egypt link as he eyes Euro 2016 call up
His comments came in an interview inquiring about his anticipation for Euro 2016. The AS Roma forward is part of Italy’s squad for this month’s friendly fixtures against Spain and Germany. He expects to be called up by Antonio Conte to represent the Azzurri in France.
Speaking to the official website of the Italian Football Federation, El Shaarawy said, “It’s the dream of every player certainly to join the list of the first Italian team. It takes a focused mentality and high appetite to achieve. Skill alone is not enough.”
On his Egyptian background the 23-year-old said, “I have visited all the places in Egypt and I was greatly impressed, not only because of the scenic and rich history but also because of the great hospitality that I met when I visited my father’s family, and I am very much linked to Egypt for this reason.”
El Shaarawy concluded by mentioning his move to AS Roma. “My goal now is presence in Conte’s team to the Euro. I decided to join Roma in January for a radical change in my career in order to achieve this goal.”
The striker has 17 caps for the Italian national team; finding the net on two occasions.