Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Squash: Five Egyptians reach British Open semi-finals
Three Pharaohs have qualified to the men’s semi-finals as Mohamed ElShorbagy and Karim Abdel Gawad are to face each other while Ramy Ashour is set to meet with, The French General, Gregory Gaultier.
Shorbagy had defeated Colombian Miguel Angel Rodriguez 3-1 to face Gawad who defeated Marwan ElShorbagy 3-1 in the quarter-finals.
Gawad is having a fantastic tournament so far as he defeated The Hammer of Thor, Omar Mosaad in the first round in the tournament’s biggest surprises. Gawad also eliminated another Egyptian as he beat Fares Dessouki 3-1 in the second round .
The Artist, Ramy Ashour, is set to face Gregory Gaultier in the semi-finals after defeating compatriot, Ali Farag, 3-1 in the quarter finals. Farag had had one great tournament as well, defeating world no.3 Nick Matthew 3-2 in the second round.
This is both Ashour’s and Gaultier’s first tournament back from injury as Ashour was out for 4 months due to a hamstring Injury and Gaultier retired from the Tournament of Champions last month due to an ankle injury.
In the women’s competition, Egyptian Prodigy Nouran Gohar and sensational Nour El Sherbini, reached the semi-finals after Gohar, with the greatest upset of the women’s competition, defeated world no.3 and compatriot Raneem El Welily 3-1 in the quarter-finals.
Sherbini is set to meet again with Malaysian and world no.2 Nicole David after Sherbini defeated American Amanda Sobhy 3-0 in the quarter-finals. David had eliminated Egyptian Omneya Abdel Kawy after defeating her 3-1 in quarter-finals.
It is worth mentioning that this is Sherbini’s second encounter with David after she defeated her in the semi-finals of the Tournament of Champions in January.