Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Squash: Five Egyptians reach British Open semi-finals
Three Pharaohs have qualified to the men’s semi-finals as Mohamed ElShorbagy and Karim Abdel Gawad are to face each other while Ramy Ashour is set to meet with, The French General, Gregory Gaultier.
Shorbagy had defeated Colombian Miguel Angel Rodriguez 3-1 to face Gawad who defeated Marwan ElShorbagy 3-1 in the quarter-finals.
Gawad is having a fantastic tournament so far as he defeated The Hammer of Thor, Omar Mosaad in the first round in the tournament’s biggest surprises. Gawad also eliminated another Egyptian as he beat Fares Dessouki 3-1 in the second round .
The Artist, Ramy Ashour, is set to face Gregory Gaultier in the semi-finals after defeating compatriot, Ali Farag, 3-1 in the quarter finals. Farag had had one great tournament as well, defeating world no.3 Nick Matthew 3-2 in the second round.
This is both Ashour’s and Gaultier’s first tournament back from injury as Ashour was out for 4 months due to a hamstring Injury and Gaultier retired from the Tournament of Champions last month due to an ankle injury.
In the women’s competition, Egyptian Prodigy Nouran Gohar and sensational Nour El Sherbini, reached the semi-finals after Gohar, with the greatest upset of the women’s competition, defeated world no.3 and compatriot Raneem El Welily 3-1 in the quarter-finals.
Sherbini is set to meet again with Malaysian and world no.2 Nicole David after Sherbini defeated American Amanda Sobhy 3-0 in the quarter-finals. David had eliminated Egyptian Omneya Abdel Kawy after defeating her 3-1 in quarter-finals.
It is worth mentioning that this is Sherbini’s second encounter with David after she defeated her in the semi-finals of the Tournament of Champions in January.