Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Obi Mikel aims for win against Egypt in Alexandria
Nigeria captain & Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has urged his colleagues to go all out for victory when they face the Egypt in the reverse Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Alexandria on Tuesday.
The first meeting between the two sides ended in a 1-1 draw in Kaduna on Friday after Mohammed Salah’s last gasp equalizer canceled out Etebo Oghenekaro’s opener.
“It’s a massive battle that we are going for, and there should be no illusion about it,” Mikel told the Nigeria Football Federation website.
“We have to face reality, and everyone has to give more than 100 per cent because we just have to qualify for the Cup of Nations,” the skipper continued.
“We have to go to Alexandria and fight with everything we have. There are still matches to play and we have confidence that we will earn the ticket. We also call on Nigerians to believe in the team and continue to support us,” he concluded..
The Pharaohs lead Group G with 7 points as the Super Eagles stay close behind with 5 points in 2nd. Tanzania still fight on after beating Chad 1-0 to stay 3rd.