Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Obi Mikel aims for win against Egypt in Alexandria
Nigeria captain & Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has urged his colleagues to go all out for victory when they face the Egypt in the reverse Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Alexandria on Tuesday.
The first meeting between the two sides ended in a 1-1 draw in Kaduna on Friday after Mohammed Salah’s last gasp equalizer canceled out Etebo Oghenekaro’s opener.
“It’s a massive battle that we are going for, and there should be no illusion about it,” Mikel told the Nigeria Football Federation website.
“We have to face reality, and everyone has to give more than 100 per cent because we just have to qualify for the Cup of Nations,” the skipper continued.
“We have to go to Alexandria and fight with everything we have. There are still matches to play and we have confidence that we will earn the ticket. We also call on Nigerians to believe in the team and continue to support us,” he concluded..
The Pharaohs lead Group G with 7 points as the Super Eagles stay close behind with 5 points in 2nd. Tanzania still fight on after beating Chad 1-0 to stay 3rd.