Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Obi Mikel aims for win against Egypt in Alexandria
Nigeria captain & Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has urged his colleagues to go all out for victory when they face the Egypt in the reverse Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Alexandria on Tuesday.
The first meeting between the two sides ended in a 1-1 draw in Kaduna on Friday after Mohammed Salah’s last gasp equalizer canceled out Etebo Oghenekaro’s opener.
“It’s a massive battle that we are going for, and there should be no illusion about it,” Mikel told the Nigeria Football Federation website.
“We have to face reality, and everyone has to give more than 100 per cent because we just have to qualify for the Cup of Nations,” the skipper continued.
“We have to go to Alexandria and fight with everything we have. There are still matches to play and we have confidence that we will earn the ticket. We also call on Nigerians to believe in the team and continue to support us,” he concluded..
The Pharaohs lead Group G with 7 points as the Super Eagles stay close behind with 5 points in 2nd. Tanzania still fight on after beating Chad 1-0 to stay 3rd.