The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
Obi Mikel aims for win against Egypt in Alexandria
Nigeria captain & Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has urged his colleagues to go all out for victory when they face the Egypt in the reverse Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Alexandria on Tuesday.
The first meeting between the two sides ended in a 1-1 draw in Kaduna on Friday after Mohammed Salah’s last gasp equalizer canceled out Etebo Oghenekaro’s opener.
“It’s a massive battle that we are going for, and there should be no illusion about it,” Mikel told the Nigeria Football Federation website.
“We have to face reality, and everyone has to give more than 100 per cent because we just have to qualify for the Cup of Nations,” the skipper continued.
“We have to go to Alexandria and fight with everything we have. There are still matches to play and we have confidence that we will earn the ticket. We also call on Nigerians to believe in the team and continue to support us,” he concluded..
The Pharaohs lead Group G with 7 points as the Super Eagles stay close behind with 5 points in 2nd. Tanzania still fight on after beating Chad 1-0 to stay 3rd.