Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni spoke to Premium Sport about Mohamed Salah’s replacement...
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
Obi Mikel aims for win against Egypt in Alexandria
Nigeria captain & Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has urged his colleagues to go all out for victory when they face the Egypt in the reverse Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Alexandria on Tuesday.
The first meeting between the two sides ended in a 1-1 draw in Kaduna on Friday after Mohammed Salah’s last gasp equalizer canceled out Etebo Oghenekaro’s opener.
“It’s a massive battle that we are going for, and there should be no illusion about it,” Mikel told the Nigeria Football Federation website.
“We have to face reality, and everyone has to give more than 100 per cent because we just have to qualify for the Cup of Nations,” the skipper continued.
“We have to go to Alexandria and fight with everything we have. There are still matches to play and we have confidence that we will earn the ticket. We also call on Nigerians to believe in the team and continue to support us,” he concluded..
The Pharaohs lead Group G with 7 points as the Super Eagles stay close behind with 5 points in 2nd. Tanzania still fight on after beating Chad 1-0 to stay 3rd.