Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Hamada Tolba: I was injured in the second half
Hamada Tolba revealed he was injured in the second half of Egypt’s 1-1 draw in Nigeria on March 25, which affected his performance.
The Zamalek SC defender stated that Nigeria was a very tough opponent and his injury in the second half altered his performance. Tolba also reported, “The performance and the final result was good, I have to be always be ready to participate in matches.”
Tolba is credited with salvaging the game for the Pharaohs, due to a last-ditch goal line clearance to keep the score 1-0 in favor of Nigeria. The match finished in a 1-1 draw, thanks to a late equalizer by Mohamed Salah cancelling out an Etebo goal.
Egypt will host Nigeria on the 29th of March in Alexandria.
The Pharaohs are top of their 2017 AFCON qualifiying group with seven points, while Nigeria are second on five. Tanzania are a close third with four points, while Chad languish at the bottom of the group, still without a point.