Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Hamada Tolba: I was injured in the second half
The Zamalek SC defender stated that Nigeria was a very tough opponent and his injury in the second half altered his performance. Tolba also reported, “The performance and the final result was good, I have to be always be ready to participate in matches.”
Tolba is credited with salvaging the game for the Pharaohs, due to a last-ditch goal line clearance to keep the score 1-0 in favor of Nigeria. The match finished in a 1-1 draw, thanks to a late equalizer by Mohamed Salah cancelling out an Etebo goal.
Egypt will host Nigeria on the 29th of March in Alexandria.
The Pharaohs are top of their 2017 AFCON qualifiying group with seven points, while Nigeria are second on five. Tanzania are a close third with four points, while Chad languish at the bottom of the group, still without a point.