Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Hamada Tolba: I was injured in the second half
Hamada Tolba revealed he was injured in the second half of Egypt’s 1-1 draw in Nigeria on March 25, which affected his performance.
The Zamalek SC defender stated that Nigeria was a very tough opponent and his injury in the second half altered his performance. Tolba also reported, “The performance and the final result was good, I have to be always be ready to participate in matches.”
Tolba is credited with salvaging the game for the Pharaohs, due to a last-ditch goal line clearance to keep the score 1-0 in favor of Nigeria. The match finished in a 1-1 draw, thanks to a late equalizer by Mohamed Salah cancelling out an Etebo goal.
Egypt will host Nigeria on the 29th of March in Alexandria.
The Pharaohs are top of their 2017 AFCON qualifiying group with seven points, while Nigeria are second on five. Tanzania are a close third with four points, while Chad languish at the bottom of the group, still without a point.