Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Hamada Tolba: I was injured in the second half
The Zamalek SC defender stated that Nigeria was a very tough opponent and his injury in the second half altered his performance. Tolba also reported, “The performance and the final result was good, I have to be always be ready to participate in matches.”
Tolba is credited with salvaging the game for the Pharaohs, due to a last-ditch goal line clearance to keep the score 1-0 in favor of Nigeria. The match finished in a 1-1 draw, thanks to a late equalizer by Mohamed Salah cancelling out an Etebo goal.
Egypt will host Nigeria on the 29th of March in Alexandria.
The Pharaohs are top of their 2017 AFCON qualifiying group with seven points, while Nigeria are second on five. Tanzania are a close third with four points, while Chad languish at the bottom of the group, still without a point.