A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Hamada Tolba: I was injured in the second half
Hamada Tolba revealed he was injured in the second half of Egypt’s 1-1 draw in Nigeria on March 25, which affected his performance.
The Zamalek SC defender stated that Nigeria was a very tough opponent and his injury in the second half altered his performance. Tolba also reported, “The performance and the final result was good, I have to be always be ready to participate in matches.”
Tolba is credited with salvaging the game for the Pharaohs, due to a last-ditch goal line clearance to keep the score 1-0 in favor of Nigeria. The match finished in a 1-1 draw, thanks to a late equalizer by Mohamed Salah cancelling out an Etebo goal.
Egypt will host Nigeria on the 29th of March in Alexandria.
The Pharaohs are top of their 2017 AFCON qualifiying group with seven points, while Nigeria are second on five. Tanzania are a close third with four points, while Chad languish at the bottom of the group, still without a point.