Zamalek defender Ramzy Khaled has completed a loan move to Arab Contractors...
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
Chad announce withdrawal from AFCON qualification
Chad were part of Group G, alongside Egypt, Nigeria and Tanzania. Withdrawal would mean their results against all three teams would be discarded with just one team qualifying to the finals in Gabon next year. As such, Egypt would be first with four points, ahead of Nigeria (two points) and Tanzania (one point) respectively.
The leaders of all 13 groups qualify automatically to the tournament finals with the top two second-placed teams joining them, as well as hosts Gabon.
If Chad’s withdrawal goes through, Egypt can qualify for Gabon with a win against Nigeria on Tuesday in Alexandria.