After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Chad announce withdrawal from AFCON qualification
Chad’s governing football body sent an official email on Sunday morning to CAF, announcing their withdrawal from the 2017 African Cup Of Nations qualification.
According to the letter (shown below) the Fédération Tchadienne de Football have announced the country’s withdrawal from qualification for the 2017 AFCON in Gabon, citing financial dificulties.
Chad were part of Group G, alongside Egypt, Nigeria and Tanzania. Withdrawal would mean their results against all three teams would be discarded with just one team qualifying to the finals in Gabon next year. As such, Egypt would be first with four points, ahead of Nigeria (two points) and Tanzania (one point) respectively.
The leaders of all 13 groups qualify automatically to the tournament finals with the top two second-placed teams joining them, as well as hosts Gabon.
If Chad’s withdrawal goes through, Egypt can qualify for Gabon with a win against Nigeria on Tuesday in Alexandria.