A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Chad announce withdrawal from AFCON qualification
Chad’s governing football body sent an official email on Sunday morning to CAF, announcing their withdrawal from the 2017 African Cup Of Nations qualification.
According to the letter (shown below) the Fédération Tchadienne de Football have announced the country’s withdrawal from qualification for the 2017 AFCON in Gabon, citing financial dificulties.
Chad were part of Group G, alongside Egypt, Nigeria and Tanzania. Withdrawal would mean their results against all three teams would be discarded with just one team qualifying to the finals in Gabon next year. As such, Egypt would be first with four points, ahead of Nigeria (two points) and Tanzania (one point) respectively.
The leaders of all 13 groups qualify automatically to the tournament finals with the top two second-placed teams joining them, as well as hosts Gabon.
If Chad’s withdrawal goes through, Egypt can qualify for Gabon with a win against Nigeria on Tuesday in Alexandria.