After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Cúper: Egypt are targeting nothing but victory over Nigeria
Egypt are set to host the Super Eagles in Alexandria on Tuesday in the fourth round of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers, after the first leg ended in a 1-1 draw in Kaduna.
“We will have an attacking approach and we aim to create more goal scoring opportunities,” Cúper said in a televised interview on Sunday.
“We have one target against Nigeria, which is achieving victory. All the players are ready and the atmosphere will be different than the first match,” Cúper said in reference to the security officials’ decision to allow 40,000 supporters into Borg El-Arab Stadium.
The 60-year-old manager also said that he is not concerned with Chad’s withdrawal from the African qualifiers. After the nullification of Chad’s results, Egypt remain top of group G on four points, two points clear of second-placed Nigeria.
“We don’t care whether Chad have withdrawn. We focus only on achieving victory against Nigeria, this is the most important thing,” the former Valencia manager added.
A win on Tuesday would put the seven-time African champions, who failed to qualify for the last three AFCON tournaments, on the brink of qualification for the 2017 tournament in Gabon.