Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Cúper: Egypt are targeting nothing but victory over Nigeria
Egypt are set to host the Super Eagles in Alexandria on Tuesday in the fourth round of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers, after the first leg ended in a 1-1 draw in Kaduna.
“We will have an attacking approach and we aim to create more goal scoring opportunities,” Cúper said in a televised interview on Sunday.
“We have one target against Nigeria, which is achieving victory. All the players are ready and the atmosphere will be different than the first match,” Cúper said in reference to the security officials’ decision to allow 40,000 supporters into Borg El-Arab Stadium.
The 60-year-old manager also said that he is not concerned with Chad’s withdrawal from the African qualifiers. After the nullification of Chad’s results, Egypt remain top of group G on four points, two points clear of second-placed Nigeria.
“We don’t care whether Chad have withdrawn. We focus only on achieving victory against Nigeria, this is the most important thing,” the former Valencia manager added.
A win on Tuesday would put the seven-time African champions, who failed to qualify for the last three AFCON tournaments, on the brink of qualification for the 2017 tournament in Gabon.