Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Cúper: Egypt are targeting nothing but victory over Nigeria
Egypt are set to host the Super Eagles in Alexandria on Tuesday in the fourth round of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers, after the first leg ended in a 1-1 draw in Kaduna.
“We will have an attacking approach and we aim to create more goal scoring opportunities,” Cúper said in a televised interview on Sunday.
“We have one target against Nigeria, which is achieving victory. All the players are ready and the atmosphere will be different than the first match,” Cúper said in reference to the security officials’ decision to allow 40,000 supporters into Borg El-Arab Stadium.
The 60-year-old manager also said that he is not concerned with Chad’s withdrawal from the African qualifiers. After the nullification of Chad’s results, Egypt remain top of group G on four points, two points clear of second-placed Nigeria.
“We don’t care whether Chad have withdrawn. We focus only on achieving victory against Nigeria, this is the most important thing,” the former Valencia manager added.
A win on Tuesday would put the seven-time African champions, who failed to qualify for the last three AFCON tournaments, on the brink of qualification for the 2017 tournament in Gabon.