Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Cúper: Egypt are targeting nothing but victory over Nigeria
Egypt are set to host the Super Eagles in Alexandria on Tuesday in the fourth round of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers, after the first leg ended in a 1-1 draw in Kaduna.
“We will have an attacking approach and we aim to create more goal scoring opportunities,” Cúper said in a televised interview on Sunday.
“We have one target against Nigeria, which is achieving victory. All the players are ready and the atmosphere will be different than the first match,” Cúper said in reference to the security officials’ decision to allow 40,000 supporters into Borg El-Arab Stadium.
The 60-year-old manager also said that he is not concerned with Chad’s withdrawal from the African qualifiers. After the nullification of Chad’s results, Egypt remain top of group G on four points, two points clear of second-placed Nigeria.
“We don’t care whether Chad have withdrawn. We focus only on achieving victory against Nigeria, this is the most important thing,” the former Valencia manager added.
A win on Tuesday would put the seven-time African champions, who failed to qualify for the last three AFCON tournaments, on the brink of qualification for the 2017 tournament in Gabon.