Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ played all 90 minutes as Al Ittihad fell to...
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
Spalletti: Salah made the right decision with his goal against Sassuolo
Spalletti spoke well about Salah’s performance during Roma’s match against Sassuolo, in which Salah brilliantly scored the opener for his team.
“Since our full-backs join in on our attacks, the wingers obviously have to come inside to find space for both to receive the ball.
“Take the goal away against Sassuolo for example, Salah did well to pick up the ball on the opposition full-back’s inside shoulder but away from the centre-back,” Spalletti explained.
He described this tactic as a corridor of uncertainty that spreads confusion, since it creates numerical overloads and pulls defense players out of their position.
Spalletti also praised Salah’s decision to shoot during the Sassuolo match. “Diego Perotti’s movement was also important here: When Salah decided to shoot, he could even have played Perotti in. But he scored so he made the right decision,” he added.
Mohamed Salah recently scored in Egypt’s last-minute come back against Nigeria in the 2017 AFCON qualifiers.