Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Nigeria keeper Ikeme ruled out of Egypt clash
Following the first leg in Kaduna that ended in a 1-1 draw, the Super Eagles’ first-choice keeper failed to join the team’s training sessions as he’s dealing with an upset stomach.
Nigeria’s team doctor Ibrahim Gyaran said that the 29-year-old keeper will not be available for the upcoming match in Alexandria.
“After the game last Friday, Carl has been struggling with some stomach upset and it has not allowed him train with the rest of the squad,” Gyaran told the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) official website.
“He is stable but needs a lot of rest to be back in 100% shape for the kind of high profile game that we have on Tuesday. Considering the amount of travel involved as well, it is best we give him a break,” he added.
Nigeria manager Samson Siasia revealed that he is unworried by Ikeme’s absence, saying that one of the back up goalkeepers can “get the job done”.
“We will surely miss Carl but the good thing with our team is that we have capable replacements in every department,” Siasia said.
“Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa are still here and any one of these two will help us get the job done in Alexandria,” he concluded.
The Super Eagles go into Tuesday’s match two points away of Egypt, who lead Group G with four points.