Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Sabry Rahil ruled out of Nigeria clash
Egypt international left-back Sabry Rahil has been ruled out of Nigeria clash in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers on Tuesday.
Al Ahly left-back failed to finish the national team’s training session on Monday after complaining of dizziness. The national team’s medical staff later revealed that the 28-year-old player has a sinus infection.
Rahil, who will miss Tuesday’s match, didn’t feature in the first leg either. He was benched for the entire Friday game in Kaduna, as national team manager Hector Cuper picked Zamalek left-back Hamada Tolba to start.
Egypt are set to host Nigeria at Borg El Arab Stadium in Alexandria on Tuesday. The Pharaohs go into the game two points clear of the Super Eagles, who sit in the second place with two points.