Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Sam Morsy features as Wigan defeat 10-man Rochdale
Wigan Athletic have defeated 10-man Rochdale 1-0 in League One on Monday to remain second in the standings.
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy featured for Wigan and was subbed off in the 74th minute as he made way for Chris McCann.
The Latics went into the game in the second place with 71 points, four points behind league leaders Burton Albion.
The first half ended goalless but Wigan were the side that came close a couple of times and threatened Rochdale goalkeeper Josh Lillis.
Rochdale lost Ian Henderson in the 33rd minute after he received a red card. Henderson was sent off for kicking out at Wigan’s Jason Pearce and Rochdale had to play for almost an hour with 10 men.
Substitute Conor McAleny broke the deadlock in the 67th minute. On his return from injury, the Everton loanee scored into an empty net after Yanic Wildschut’s initial effort bounced off the bar.
Rochdale’s response wasn’t one to fear as they were down to 10 men and weren’t of any danger to the Latics defense, while Wigan kept on trying to add their second to ensure a victory.
The Latics continue their march towards promotion to the Championship, as they stretched their unbeaten run in League One to 18 games. They are scheduled to play away against Shrewsbury Town, who occupy the 17th place, on April 2.
Wigan’s opposition Rochdale remained in the 8th place with 57 points following their defeat.