Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Elneny: It’s a great honour to represent Egypt
Egypt international midfielder Mohamed Elneny has expressed his pride at representing the Egyptian national team, following Nigeria clash at Borg El Arab Stadium on Tuesday.
“Representing Egypt is a great honour, and it is a dream for any Egyptian player,” said Elneny in a televised interview after the match.
The 23-year-old expressed his gratitude for the huge support from the fans who attended Tuesday’s game, saying that he “hasn’t witnessed such atmosphere except in Europe”.
“I thank the fans who came to the stadium to support us, and I thank all the players for their performance and for achieving victory in order to help Egypt return to the African tournament,” he concluded.
The seven-time champions, who missed out on the three last editions of the AFCON, are now on the verge of playing in the upcoming tournament in Gabon.