The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Elneny: It’s a great honour to represent Egypt
Egypt international midfielder Mohamed Elneny has expressed his pride at representing the Egyptian national team, following Nigeria clash at Borg El Arab Stadium on Tuesday.
“Representing Egypt is a great honour, and it is a dream for any Egyptian player,” said Elneny in a televised interview after the match.
The 23-year-old expressed his gratitude for the huge support from the fans who attended Tuesday’s game, saying that he “hasn’t witnessed such atmosphere except in Europe”.
“I thank the fans who came to the stadium to support us, and I thank all the players for their performance and for achieving victory in order to help Egypt return to the African tournament,” he concluded.
The seven-time champions, who missed out on the three last editions of the AFCON, are now on the verge of playing in the upcoming tournament in Gabon.