Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Elneny: It’s a great honour to represent Egypt
Egypt international midfielder Mohamed Elneny has expressed his pride at representing the Egyptian national team, following Nigeria clash at Borg El Arab Stadium on Tuesday.
The Arsenal midfielder played the full 90 minutes as the Pharaohs defeated the Super Eagles 1-0 in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
“Representing Egypt is a great honour, and it is a dream for any Egyptian player,” said Elneny in a televised interview after the match.
The 23-year-old expressed his gratitude for the huge support from the fans who attended Tuesday’s game, saying that he “hasn’t witnessed such atmosphere except in Europe”.
“I thank the fans who came to the stadium to support us, and I thank all the players for their performance and for achieving victory in order to help Egypt return to the African tournament,” he concluded.
The seven-time champions, who missed out on the three last editions of the AFCON, are now on the verge of playing in the upcoming tournament in Gabon.