Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Elneny: It’s a great honour to represent Egypt
Egypt international midfielder Mohamed Elneny has expressed his pride at representing the Egyptian national team, following Nigeria clash at Borg El Arab Stadium on Tuesday.
“Representing Egypt is a great honour, and it is a dream for any Egyptian player,” said Elneny in a televised interview after the match.
The 23-year-old expressed his gratitude for the huge support from the fans who attended Tuesday’s game, saying that he “hasn’t witnessed such atmosphere except in Europe”.
“I thank the fans who came to the stadium to support us, and I thank all the players for their performance and for achieving victory in order to help Egypt return to the African tournament,” he concluded.
The seven-time champions, who missed out on the three last editions of the AFCON, are now on the verge of playing in the upcoming tournament in Gabon.